Old 04-05-2008, 02:02 AM
"Jonathan Jesse"

Default Question on mounting of USB Drives and JuK

Good evening,
Runing Kubuntu 8.04 Remix and I have noticed a problem with one of my USB drives (500 GB, formated in ext3) likes to mount itself over and over again.* Especially when I am playing music in JuK.* An example is that when I go to chnage songs, I hear the drive spin up and get a notification in the Device Notifier that a new device is attached.

In /media/ I now have a listing for /media/disk, /media/disk-1, /media/disk-2, /media/disk-3, /media/disk-4, etc, which makes it hard for me to keep my music collection setup.

Just curious if anyone else has noticied this or had other problems?

Jonathan

Old 04-05-2008, 10:57 AM
"Lydia Pintscher"

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good evening,
> Runing Kubuntu 8.04 Remix and I have noticed a problem with one of my USB
> drives (500 GB, formated in ext3) likes to mount itself over and over again.
> Especially when I am playing music in JuK. An example is that when I go to
> chnage songs, I hear the drive spin up and get a notification in the Device
> Notifier that a new device is attached.
> In /media/ I now have a listing for /media/disk, /media/disk-1,
> /media/disk-2, /media/disk-3, /media/disk-4, etc, which makes it hard for me
> to keep my music collection setup.
>
> Just curious if anyone else has noticied this or had other problems?

I have a similar problem.
Though it happens for me on every system start and not during normal use.
I get /media/My Book, /media/My Book-1 and so on. (My music is on that
HD and Amarok pointed to it which makes it a pain to use my collection
with it)

(Hardy with KDE 4 here too)

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager

Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
"Lydia Pintscher"

I should probably add that it worked perfectly fine in Gutsy as well
as in Hardy until 2 or 3 days ago.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager

Old 04-05-2008, 04:18 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

I should probably add that it worked perfectly fine in Gutsy as well

as in Hardy until 2 or 3 days ago.

Cheers

Lydia

--

Lydia Pintscher

Amarok community manager

www.kde.org - amarok.kde.org

claimid.com/nightrose

I would echo that it worked earlier this week, I worked from home all day Thursday with no problems.

Jonathan