Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default kde telepathy?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 02:42:59PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > Also Kopete is integrated with the Message Indicator we ship in our
> > > default systray. Does KDE Telepathy integrate with it?
> OK. From my POV then kde-telepathy is not at all a replacement for kopete.
> The question isn't if it should replace it, but if it should supplement it.

So you think message indicator is a requirement for getting on the CD?
If you can come up with a list of other requirements kubuntu needs we
can take those to upstream and see if we can persuade them to do it
before April.

Jonathan

Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Monday, February 13, 2012 07:51:32 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> > OK. From my POV then kde-telepathy is not at all a replacement for
> > kopete. The question isn't if it should replace it, but if it should
> > supplement it.
> So you think message indicator is a requirement for getting on the CD?
> If you can come up with a list of other requirements kubuntu needs we
> can take those to upstream and see if we can persuade them to do it
> before April.

I think having the messaging indicator without kde-telepathy integrated would
be a very inconsistent U/I. There are two ways this could be solved. I'd
prefer the one where we keep the messaging indicator.

I think privacy is very important, so I think if it's going to displace
kopete, then OTR support is a requirement. If it's in addition, then it's a
good then, but not essential.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet and since AIM is the only thing I use
that I think is in it's "space", I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of it.
Once I get a chance to test it, if I come up with anything else, I'll let you
know.

Scott K