Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Damian

Default Question please

Good day to all who is reading this message I am aware that a LTS is
around the corner, and I have been searching around to find updated
information on how to contribute to Kubuntu by becoming a packager if
that is correct. So if anyone is free to express or explain just the
fundamentals or just point me in the right direction I will be on my way
to search for the needed information thanks for your assistance.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Michal Zajac

Hi Damian,

You can find the newest version of packaging guide under [1]. We also have a wiki page dedicated to that but as far as I am concerned it is not loner maintained and may no longer contain the latest info but it still useful, just google for "packaging ubuntu wiki" and it should be there. If there is anything you have trouble with on your packaging journey we have some friendly developers over at #kubuntu-devel @ irc.freenode.net (myself included) who will surely be able to assist you.

[1] http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/

Best regards,

Michał