Old 12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
heathmatlock

Default Krunner Python Extension Example Help

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/PythonRunner
It's a very straightforward and simple example, but it doesn't seem to
be working. plasmapkg --type runner --install runner_msgbox executed
successfully, and I quit krunner using kquitapp, then restarted it.
Typing "msg hello world" (without quotes) into krunner doesn't do
anything. Will someone verify this is or isn't working?

Here's my directory structure in case anyone cares:
heath@B570:~/kde/runner_msgbox$ ls -aRt
.:
code . metadata.desktop ..

./code:
. main.py ..

--
Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225

Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 02:32:13PM -0600, heathmatlock wrote:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/PythonRunner
> It's a very straightforward and simple example, but it doesn't seem to
> be working. plasmapkg --type runner --install runner_msgbox executed
> successfully, and I quit krunner using kquitapp, then restarted it.
> Typing "msg hello world" (without quotes) into krunner doesn't do
> anything. Will someone verify this is or isn't working?
>
> Here's my directory structure in case anyone cares:
> heath@B570:~/kde/runner_msgbox$ ls -aRt
> .:
> code . metadata.desktop ..
>
> ./code:
> . main.py ..

This list is for people developing Kubuntu. There are other lists for
people developing KDE things on Kubuntu although Python is often not
supported on them which puts you in a tricky situation.

You're using neon so plasmapkg needs to be the neon version else it will install to the wrong place.

Jonathan

Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 PM
heathmatlock

I can take this somewhere else, maybe the plasma development list. I
verified that I'm using the neon packages for krunner and plasmapkg
with "which". Turns out I'm not the only person having problems with
this example, verified with other users in #kde-devel.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 02:32:13PM -0600, heathmatlock wrote:
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/PythonRunner
>> It's a very straightforward and simple example, but it doesn't seem to
>> be working. plasmapkg --type runner --install runner_msgbox executed
>> successfully, and I quit krunner using kquitapp, then restarted it.
>> Typing "msg hello world" (without quotes) into krunner doesn't do
>> anything. Will someone verify this is or isn't working?
>>
>> Here's my directory structure in case anyone cares:
>> heath@B570:~/kde/runner_msgbox$ ls -aRt
>> .:
>> code *. *metadata.desktop *..
>>
>> ./code:
>> . *main.py *..
>
> This list is for people developing Kubuntu. *There are other lists for
> people developing KDE things on Kubuntu although Python is often not
> supported on them which puts you in a tricky situation.
>
> You're using neon so plasmapkg needs to be the neon version else it will install to the wrong place.
>
> Jonathan

Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225