Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Felix Geyer

Default Packaging branch for "step"

Hi,

On 05.12.2011 12:37, Loc Minier wrote:
> Hey
>
> step's debian/control has Vcs-Bzr:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/step/ubuntu
> but that doesn't seem to exist.

Yes, it looks like the Vcs fields of most Kubuntu packages are wrong since the last upload.
The correct url is https://code.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/step

> I was looking at switching it back to Architecture: any, as it prevents
> installation of kdeedu on armel:
> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/precise_probs.html
>
> The last changelog entry says:
> step (4:4.7.3-0ubuntu1) precise; urgency=low
>
> [...]
> * Merge with Debian Git, remaining change
> - step is arch dependent not arch any, no arm build
>
> -- Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:47:08 +0000
>
> but it has built on armel in Debian experimental.

You're right, step doesn't seem ot use OpenGL directly so it should build on ARM.
I've uploaded a new version of step with Architecture: any.

Felix

Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 02:31:37PM +0100, Felix Geyer wrote:
> Yes, it looks like the Vcs fields of most Kubuntu packages are wrong since the last upload.
> The correct url is https://code.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/step

That's my scripted mistake, feel free to fix as you come across it.

> You're right, step doesn't seem ot use OpenGL directly so it should build on ARM.
> I've uploaded a new version of step with Architecture: any.

That was copied from the oneiric packages, I think at least in the
past there's some part of Step which uses some part of openGL so make
sure not to break anything by installing files which doesn't exist.

Jonathan

Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Loc Minier

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011, Felix Geyer wrote:
> You're right, step doesn't seem ot use OpenGL directly so it should
> build on ARM. I've uploaded a new version of step with Architecture:
> any.

And it built on armel and armhf; thanks!

--
Loc Minier