Old 11-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Valorie Zimmerman

Default Jonathan Riddell

2011/11/29 Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau@canonical.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Jonathan got in a car crash last week-end. Here is a forward of the mail
> Paul Sladen sent to our internal Canonical mailing-list.

> Sujet: Jonathan Riddell
> Date : Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:24:58 +0000
> De : Paul Sladen <sladen@canonical.com>
>
> TL;DR: Jonathan Riddell is alive! *Although slightly concussed. *I've
> spoken to him on IRC then video+Skype and he's back at his flat now.
> (This is good).
>

> Jonathan appears to have been in a car crash at some point on Saturday
> (2011-11-26), probably in a supermarket car-park, possibly somewhere in
> the bit of France that is in the Caribbean (Guadeloupe).
>
> Calling his phone won't work for the moment; as the local Police have
> it, along with (presumably) the remaining three-quarters of the
> unfortunate car. *The car might have been a "Peugeot/Renault sort of
> thing" but he can't remember. *First thing he asked me was "heard
> anything of me?".
>
> The concussion/memory loss applies to various other things in the same
> timeframe too; and he's been ordered to keep one eye closed at all times
> to try and cure the double vision. *His parents and family are aware.
>
> From the video I could see that he's got bandages on the left side,
> which is apparently where the injuries were. *He got out of hospital
> sometime today (two days in), and seems to have woken up at somepoint on
> the Sunday (out for a day?).
>
> I (aurelien again) had a brief mail exchange with Jonathan, he told me he
> was "a bit cross eyed and unclear about the world" but his dad is coming out
> to help him.
>
> Aurélien
> More details when I have them. *Email is probably the best for the
> moment (ASCII-art flowers?) as I'm not sure of a postal address that works:
>
> *Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@canonical.com>
>
> Hopefully he'll be a bit more alert/responsive in a few days! *I
> certainly hope so and wish him the best!
>
> *-Paul

Yikes! Thanks for telling us, Aurélien. My best wishes to you, Jon.
Please take it easy and let your brain heal. Head trauma is nothing to
mess around with.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Old 11-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Jussi Kekkonen

On 30 November 2011 10:45, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/29 Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau@canonical.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Jonathan got in a car crash last week-end. Here is a forward of the mail
>> Paul Sladen sent to our internal Canonical mailing-list.

>> Sujet: Jonathan Riddell
>> Date : Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:24:58 +0000
>> De : Paul Sladen <sladen@canonical.com>
>>
>> TL;DR: Jonathan Riddell is alive! *Although slightly concussed. *I've
>> spoken to him on IRC then video+Skype and he's back at his flat now.
>> (This is good).
>>

>> Jonathan appears to have been in a car crash at some point on Saturday
>> (2011-11-26), probably in a supermarket car-park, possibly somewhere in
>> the bit of France that is in the Caribbean (Guadeloupe).
>>
>> Calling his phone won't work for the moment; as the local Police have
>> it, along with (presumably) the remaining three-quarters of the
>> unfortunate car. *The car might have been a "Peugeot/Renault sort of
>> thing" but he can't remember. *First thing he asked me was "heard
>> anything of me?".
>>
>> The concussion/memory loss applies to various other things in the same
>> timeframe too; and he's been ordered to keep one eye closed at all times
>> to try and cure the double vision. *His parents and family are aware.
>>
>> From the video I could see that he's got bandages on the left side,
>> which is apparently where the injuries were. *He got out of hospital
>> sometime today (two days in), and seems to have woken up at somepoint on
>> the Sunday (out for a day?).
>>
>> I (aurelien again) had a brief mail exchange with Jonathan, he told me he
>> was "a bit cross eyed and unclear about the world" but his dad is coming out
>> to help him.
>>
>> Aurélien
>> More details when I have them. *Email is probably the best for the
>> moment (ASCII-art flowers?) as I'm not sure of a postal address that works:
>>
>> *Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@canonical.com>
>>
>> Hopefully he'll be a bit more alert/responsive in a few days! *I
>> certainly hope so and wish him the best!
>>
>> *-Paul
>>
>> --
>
> Yikes! Thanks for telling us, Aurélien. My best wishes to you, Jon.
> Please take it easy and let your brain heal. Head trauma is nothing to
> mess around with.
>
> Valorie
>
> --
> http://about.me/valoriez

Per Valorie, let your head rest and get well soon. (:

/me huggles

--
Jussi Kekkonen, Tm_T
* Ubuntu/KDE developer* tmt@ubuntu.com

Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM
PERIER Romain

Oh god ! I send my good wishes for recovery to you, Jonathan. Take care of yourself and feel better !

Old 11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Jonathan Thomas

Take care!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:37 PM
txwikinger

Good wishes to Jonathan. Hope you are well soon.

Ralph

Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Valter Mura

Date : Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:24:58 +0000
De : Paul Sladen <sladen@canonical.com>

[...]

From the video I could see that he's got bandages on the left side,
which is apparently where the injuries were. He got out of hospital
sometime today (two days in), and seems to have woken up at somepoint on
the Sunday (out for a day?).

I (aurelien again) had a brief mail exchange with Jonathan, he told me
he was "a bit cross eyed and unclear about the world" but his dad is
coming out to help him.

Aurélien
More details when I have them. Email is probably the best for the
moment (ASCII-art flowers?) as I'm not sure of a postal address that works:

Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@canonical.com>

Hopefully he'll be a bit more alert/responsive in a few days! I
certainly hope so and wish him the best!

We are all with you Jonathan. Rest and take care of you.

My best wishes.

Ciao
--
Valter
*Open Source is better!*

Old 11-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Philip Muskovac

Date : Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:24:58 +0000
De : Paul Sladen <sladen@canonical.com>

[...]

From the video I could see that he's got bandages on the left side,
which is apparently where the injuries were. He got out of hospital
sometime today (two days in), and seems to have woken up at somepoint on
the Sunday (out for a day?).

I (aurelien again) had a brief mail exchange with Jonathan, he told me
he was "a bit cross eyed and unclear about the world" but his dad is
coming out to help him.

Aurélien
More details when I have them. Email is probably the best for the
moment (ASCII-art flowers?) as I'm not sure of a postal address that works:

Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@canonical.com>

Hopefully he'll be a bit more alert/responsive in a few days! I
certainly hope so and wish him the best!

-Paul

Take a rest and I hope you get well soon,

Philip

Old 11-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

Jonathan will be heading back from France to Scotland. His dad flew
down to retrieve him.

--
Mackenzie Morgan

Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Rafael Belmonte

My best wishes for you, Jonathan. I hope you to be well soon.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Achim Bohnet

Jonathan, my best wishes for you.

Achim
--
To me vi is Zen. To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
-- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com