Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 AM
"Donatas G."

Default compiling one program, not all, from a source package

Kwin built and installed well but did not quite work... the desktop
started without window manager, and trying to start it remotely (is
there any way to start it from within the session?) produces an error:

dg@pieva:~$ DISPLAY=:0.0 kwin
kwin: error while loading shared libraries: libkephal.so.4: cannot

now building the kwin from the 4.7 branch (it has the patch
applied)... but configuration fails complaining about the libraries
too old (at least 4.7.2 are required, and I have 4.7.1...)

Seems I will have to go for project neon...

Still, it would be valuable to understand, why running kwin fails when
if I build it from sources and install it not using the particular
Ubuntu packaging tools...

Donatas

Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Harald Sitter

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Donatas G. <dgvirtual@akl.lt> wrote:
> Thank you Harald,
>
> That sequence explains everything I need for testing. I assume that
> this way the files installed will be in exactly the same places as
> they would if I used the package way, right? So I will not need "sudo
> make uninstall" after that, I will just install a proper package on
> top?

Exactly.