FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-16-2011, 02:59 AM
nihui
 
Default introduce kimtoy and ibus

hi,all

As far as i know, ibus is the default input method system of kubuntu.
I would like to introduce kimtoy, an input method frontend for KDE.
kimtoy provides ibus-kconfig and ibus-panel modules to work with ibus.
kubuntu may benefit from my small utility.

http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=140967

regards,
nihui


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
pansz
 
Default introduce kimtoy and ibus

Hmm, the default kubuntu 11.10 cannot even show ibus icon and ibus
input panel (it did work in kubuntu 11.04), I'll try if kimtoy works,
if so, the current ibus-kde + plasma_kimpanel configuration should be
replaced because many kubuntu CJK ibus users seem to have issue with
the default installation.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM, nihui <shuizhuyuanluo@126.com> wrote:
> hi,all
>
> As far as i know, ibus is the default input method system of kubuntu.
> I would like to introduce kimtoy, an input method frontend for KDE.
> kimtoy provides ibus-kconfig and ibus-panel modules to work with ibus.
> kubuntu may benefit from my small utility.
>
> http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=140967

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 10-21-2011, 01:55 AM
pansz
 
Default introduce kimtoy and ibus

It seems that there's no README or INSTALL file in the source tarball.
Would you please put the installation instructions in a plain text
file named INSTALL or README ?

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM, pansz <pan.shizhu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM, nihui <shuizhuyuanluo@126.com> wrote:
>> hi,all
>>
>> As far as i know, ibus is the default input method system of kubuntu.
>> I would like to introduce kimtoy, an input method frontend for KDE.
>> kimtoy provides ibus-kconfig and ibus-panel modules to work with ibus.
>> kubuntu may benefit from my small utility.
>>
>> http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=140967

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 AM
nihui
 
Default introduce kimtoy and ibus

I will probably add these in the next release, which may be happened in the near future.
Thanks for your care.

regards,
nihui


At*2011-10-21*09:55:24,pansz*<pan.shizhu@gmail.com>*wrote:
>It*seems*that*there's*no*README*or*INSTALL*file*i n*the*source*tarball.
>Would*you*please*put*the*installation*instruction s*in*a*plain*text
>file*named*INSTALL*or*README*?
>
>On*Wed,*Oct*19,*2011*at*4:50*PM,*pansz*<pan.shizh u@gmail.com>*wrote:
>>*On*Sun,*Oct*16,*2011*at*10:59*AM,*nihui*<shuizh uyuanluo@126.com>*wrote:
>>>*hi,all
>>>
>>>*As*far*as*i*know,*ibus*is*the*default*input*me thod*system*of*kubuntu.
>>>*I*would*like*to*introduce*kimtoy,*an*input*met hod*frontend*for*KDE.
>>>*kimtoy*provides*ibus-kconfig*and*ibus-panel*modules*to*work*with*ibus.
>>>*kubuntu*may*benefit*from*my*small*utility.
>>>
>>>*http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=140967
>


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org