Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default KGamma by default?

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 07:32:43 am Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hullos,
>
> with 11.10 just around the corner here is a proposal for 12.04
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kubuntu-meta/+bug/645833
>
> since many laptops come with crappy gamma setups apparently (can we
> get actual data on that?) and free drivers have no utils to provide
> gamma adjustment capabilities to the user it seems worthwhile to
> include kgamma on the CD
>
> I personally think that the rationale makes kgamma a workaround for
> crappy hardware and it seems a bad idea to include software to work
> around breakage for a longer period of time.
>
> opionions?
> figh! :P

I think very few people are so into exact color representations that those who
want it can install it. The vase majority of our user base won't care (myself
included).

Scott K

Old 10-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Jonathan Thomas

Agreed. I have a laptop with crappy gamma settings at work, and I
couldn't figure
out how to use KGamma to fix things. In my opinion, if somebody knows how to
calibrate gamma settings then they probably already know how to install KGamma,
or at least search for gamma-modifying tools in the repositories.