Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Hrvoje Senjan

Default Phonon + Pulseaudio

Hi!
As probaly most of you are aware of, current phonon package in (K)ubuntu
doesn't recognize pulseaudio 1.0 , i'm asking will you include new phonon
snapshot soon, or you will patch the current package?

Thanks!

Old 10-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Hrvoje Senjan

On Tuesday 04 of October 2011 18:16:23 Hrvoje Senjan wrote:
> Hi!
> As probaly most of you are aware of, current phonon package in (K)ubuntu
> doesn't recognize pulseaudio 1.0 , i'm asking will you include new phonon
> snapshot soon, or you will patch the current package?
>
> Thanks!

I meant this:

Could NOT find PulseAudio: Found version "#define pa_get_headers_version()
("1.0")", but required is at least "0.9.16" (found /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/libpulse.so)

These commits should fix the issue:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/phonon/phonon/repository/revisions/c81ce141dce0ea289ce28b340501688c4284ba00/diff

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/phonon/phonon/repository/revisions/124a0e5cd5784f33da42a2be55bd93260e47ee44/diff

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/phonon/phonon/repository/revisions/bf80fdf58330c615d4d37002fa4374d0b8232594/diff

Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Dan Chen

Should be fixed on the libpulse end, I'd argue. It's already fixed upstream.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 01:49:52 PM Dan Chen wrote:
> Should be fixed on the libpulse end, I'd argue. It's already fixed upstream.

Is there anything we can cherrypick for release or an early SRU?

Scott K

Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 01:49:52 PM Dan Chen wrote:
> Should be fixed on the libpulse end, I'd argue. It's already fixed upstream.

I'm told
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/src/pulse/version.h.in?id=7563e0bbb54fbac54e77f3a62d9761a70f 3a559c
is the right answer. Can we get that uploaded for Oneiric?

Scott K

Old 10-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Dan Chen

On Oct 4, 2011 4:19 PM, "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 01:49:52 PM Dan Chen wrote:

> > Should be fixed on the libpulse end, I'd argue. It's already fixed upstream.

> I'm told

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/src/pulse/version.h.in?id=7563e0bbb54fbac54e77f3a62d9761a70f 3a559c

> is the right answer. *Can we get that uploaded for Oneiric?

> Scott K

Please ping Luke Yelavich and Kate Stewart regarding it (I'm offline in terms of commit access until after the holiday).

Old 10-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:32:44 PM Dan Chen wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2011 4:19 PM, "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 01:49:52 PM Dan Chen wrote:
> > > Should be fixed on the libpulse end, I'd argue. It's already fixed
>
> upstream.
>
> > I'm told
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/src/pulse/version.h
> .in?id=7563e0bbb54fbac54e77f3a62d9761a70f3a559c
> > is the right answer. Can we get that uploaded for Oneiric?
> >
> > Scott K
>
> Please ping Luke Yelavich and Kate Stewart regarding it (I'm offline in
> terms of commit access until after the holiday).

Luke wasn't around, but the release team accepted it.

Scott K