Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Markus Slopianka

Default Postpone 11.10 by 1 day for KDE birthday?

Howdy.
11.10 is targeted to be released on Oct 13
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule>. Now someone on the kde-promo mailing
list brought to my attention that KDE's 15th birthday is on Oct 14.
<http://kde.org/announcements/announcement.php>

What do you think about the idea to have the Kubuntu 11.10 release 1 day after Ubuntu's
release to celebrate KDE's birthday?

Markus

Old 09-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Saturday, September 17, 2011 08:34:33 AM Markus Slopianka wrote:
> Howdy.
> 11.10 is targeted to be released on Oct 13
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule>. Now someone on the
> kde-promo mailing list brought to my attention that KDE's 15th birthday is
> on Oct 14. <http://kde.org/announcements/announcement.php>
>
> What do you think about the idea to have the Kubuntu 11.10 release 1 day
> after Ubuntu's release to celebrate KDE's birthday?

For completely non-technical reasons 10.10 was released on 10/10/10, which was
a Sunday. The was the Ubuntu release process works, it's on a weekly cycle
that finishes on Thursdays. For 10.10.10 we ended up essentially finishing the
release on Thursday and then not releasing it until Sunday. We'd have to d
the same in this case.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having something ready to go and then
just not releasing it.

Scott K