Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Clay Weber

Default 11.10 and kmail2

I am looking at gathering information centered around kmail2 and migration
from kmail1 > kmail2. There have been some issues and bugs, so I am inquiring
what everyone's experiences have been. Any insights dealing with migrations
and fresh starts would be useful

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Ingo Ratsdorf

On Machine 1, which is running 11.10, I ended up with not only deleting all Akonadi resources, but also deleting all config files and the Akonadi
database. Updated from 11.04.
Despite of all resources being migrated, they would not work.

On machine 2 running 11.04 but with KDE 4.7.0, I just had to delete and add all resources, like local folders and POP, IMAP etc.

So in both instances, migartion did not seem to work.

Nevertheless, all working well now.

Regards,
Ingo

Old 09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Achim Bohnet

On Wednesday 14 September 2011 19:25:44 Clay Weber wrote:
> I am looking at gathering information centered around kmail2 and migration
> from kmail1 > kmail2. There have been some issues and bugs, so I am inquiring
> what everyone's experiences have been. Any insights dealing with migrations
> and fresh starts would be useful

Would be helpful for potential testers like me if ...

a) there would be a list of directories + files to
backup (or copy to a virtual machine). This way one could test
several times the migration or roll back is something goes wrong.

Without verifying:

.local/share/akonadi
.kde/share/config/*mail*
.kde/share/apps/kmail
Mail

More?

b) Describe a save-test prodecure like

* setup and oneiric installation in a virtual machine
* create a user with same name
* rsync above directories + .kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl
* shutdown, snapshot disk, boot
* login and start kmail2

Is there something like that already somewhere?

Achim

--
To me vi is Zen. To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
-- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com