-   -   Kubuntu Documentation (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/573784-kubuntu-documentation.html)

David Wonderly 09-09-2011 09:29 PM

Kubuntu Documentation

Greetings.

With only 6 days left before the documentation string freeze on Sept
15th, [1] we are getting into crunch mode on updating the documentation
for the Oneiric cycle.

If you have already been contributing to the cycle please, fill out the
work items in the blueprint [2] according to the work items how to page
on the wiki. [3]

If you are just starting out and want to help us you can review the
Kubuntu Documentation Guide [4] and help out from there. Instead of
sending a .diff file to the Mailing List please use the merge setup
through LaunchPad to setup the merge request.

Thank you all for all of the help you can bring to the table.

Cheers!

Dave "DarkwingDuck" Wonderly
DarkwingDuck on #kubuntu-devel and #ubuntu-doc using the Freenode Network

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule
[2]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-kubuntu-documentation-review

[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WorkItemsHowto
[4] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Documentation

Valorie Zimmerman 09-10-2011 09:42 AM

Kubuntu Documentation

Jonathan Jesse 09-11-2011 09:46 PM

Kubuntu Documentation

The branch I merged was committed

David Wonderly 10-06-2011 06:17 PM

Kubuntu Documentation

Greetings everyone.

I wanted to thank everyone who worked on the Kubuntu Docs for 11.10 (Oneiric
Ocelot). Thanks to your dedication and hard work we not only finished on time
but, we also got the translations worked on and finished too! Thank you all so
much!

So, with all of that said, I would like to welcome you all the the development
cycle for Kubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin".

The BZR branch of lp:kubuntu-docs now reflects precise and is open for editing.

Please, please please please use the blueprint for this.[1] I am begging you.
:) It makes tracking soooooooo much simpler. If you have ANY questions on how
to use launchpad blueprints as it relates to work items please read this. [2]

Anyway, because this will be a LTS release I want to ensure that this is our
best doc cycle yet. This is why I am asking that we all chip in. I will be re-
writing the doc guide and have that ready to go shortly. Stay tuned for that.

So, in closing, I am looking forward to working with the ones I spent oneiric
with in crunch time and I am looking forward to making new friends in this
documentation adventure!

Cheers!

Dave Wonderly
Darkwing on FreeNode #kubuntu-devel