Old 09-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Jonathan Jesse

Default question on krunner in Oneric

For a long time I've grown used to ALT+F2 to launch krunner and away I go w/ things, whether opening up konsole, kate to edit Kubuntu documentation, or whatever program/application I wanted to do. *Today I did a fresh install of Kubuntu Beta on my Dell Mini 9 and seem to have lost krunner from starting by default. *In my Oneric VM it still seems to function correctly but haven't really done a bunch of testing.

I can call from konsole krunner and then do the good ole ALT+F2 w/o a problem.
Am i missing something? *

Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse@gmail.com> wrote:
> For a long time I've grown used to ALT+F2 to launch krunner and away I go w/
> things, whether opening up konsole, kate to edit Kubuntu documentation, or
> whatever program/application I wanted to do. *Today I did a fresh install of
> Kubuntu Beta on my Dell Mini 9 and seem to have lost krunner from starting
> by default. *In my Oneric VM it still seems to function correctly but
> haven't really done a bunch of testing.
> I can call from konsole krunner and then do the good ole ALT+F2 w/o a
> problem.
> Am i missing something?

Sounds like a symlink in .kde/Autostart isn't being setup properly.

--
Mackenzie Morgan

Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Saturday, September 03, 2011 08:53:57 PM Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> For a long time I've grown used to ALT+F2 to launch krunner and away I go
> w/ things, whether opening up konsole, kate to edit Kubuntu documentation,
> or whatever program/application I wanted to do. Today I did a fresh
> install of Kubuntu Beta on my Dell Mini 9 and seem to have lost krunner
> from starting by default. In my Oneric VM it still seems to function
> correctly but haven't really done a bunch of testing.
>
> I can call from konsole krunner and then do the good ole ALT+F2 w/o a
> problem.
>
> Am i missing something?

The normal krunner and the runner embedded in the plasma-netbook search and
launch are not fully compatible, so at some point we made a change to not
start the regular krunner if you're running netbook. If you hadn't
reinstalled, then you probably kept your old setting.

Scott K

Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Sep 4, 2011 3:54 AM, "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

> The normal krunner and the runner embedded in the plasma-netbook search and

> launch are not fully compatible, so at some point we made a change to not

> start the regular krunner if you're running netbook. *If you hadn't

> reinstalled, then you probably kept your old setting.

I never noticed any problems, and I reenabled it on two of my systems that run netbook.

--

Maco

Old 09-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Jonathan Jesse

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 4, 2011 3:54 AM, "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

> The normal krunner and the runner embedded in the plasma-netbook search and

> launch are not fully compatible, so at some point we made a change to not

> start the regular krunner if you're running netbook. *If you hadn't

> reinstalled, then you probably kept your old setting.

I never noticed any problems, and I reenabled it on two of my systems that run netbook.

--

Maco

I will provide some interesting use cases for documentation if it is on for some and some for not. *I know there are references to krunner *(alt+f2) in the documentation. *Hope it won't mess people out. *Will have to figure out how to note it isn't enabled by default and how to do that in the netbook section maybe?