Old 08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Scott Kitterman

Default Oneiric Kubuntu KDE Failing To Start

You may need to manually install qt-dev tools to get KDE to start. We'll get this fixed soon. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/825689 for details.

Scott K

Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Romain Perier

Le 17/08/2011 13:58, Scott Kitterman a écrit :

You may need to manually install qt-dev tools to get KDE to start. We'll get this fixed soon. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/825689 for details.

Scott K

Hi,

Why the hell canonical does not wait our approval before fixing it ? I
mean, it contradicts Debian/Ubuntu policy 8.2, I agree, BUT it's not a
critical bug that needs to be fixed quickly...

Push fixes like that breaks everything o_O

Regards,
Romain

Old 08-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Romain Perier

You may need to manually install qt-dev tools to get KDE to start.
We'll get this fixed soon. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/825689 for
details.

Scott K

Hi,

Why the hell canonical does not wait our approval before fixing it ? I
mean, it contradicts Debian/Ubuntu policy 8.2, I agree, BUT it's not a
critical bug that needs to be fixed quickly...

Push fixes like that breaks everything o_O

Regards,
Romain

Thanks for the information by the way

Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Scott Kitterman

Romain Perier <bambi@ubuntu.com> wrote:

>Le 17/08/2011 13:58, Scott Kitterman a écrit :
>> You may need to manually install qt-dev tools to get KDE to start.
>We'll get this fixed soon. See
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/825689 for
>details.
>>
>> Scott K
>>
>Hi,
>
>Why the hell canonical does not wait our approval before fixing it ? I
>mean, it contradicts Debian/Ubuntu policy 8.2, I agree, BUT it's not a
>critical bug that needs to be fixed quickly...
>Push fixes like that breaks everything o_O

Steve asked me and I said go ahead. I don't think this is a Canonical thing.

I didn't know startkde used it.

Scott K

Old 08-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Romain Perier

Le 17/08/2011 14:20, Scott Kitterman a écrit :

Romain Perier<bambi@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Le 17/08/2011 13:58, Scott Kitterman a écrit :

You may need to manually install qt-dev tools to get KDE to start.

We'll get this fixed soon. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/825689 for
details.

Scott K

Hi,

Why the hell canonical does not wait our approval before fixing it ? I
mean, it contradicts Debian/Ubuntu policy 8.2, I agree, BUT it's not a
critical bug that needs to be fixed quickly...
Push fixes like that breaks everything o_O

Steve asked me and I said go ahead. I don't think this is a Canonical thing.

I didn't know startkde used it.

Scott K
Oh if you said go ahead, np. But it's not written in the bug, so I
cannot guess :P

Romain

Old 08-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 07:58:26 AM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> You may need to manually install qt-dev tools to get KDE to start. We'll
> get this fixed soon. See
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/825689 for details.
>
> Scott K

This is fixed (except for armel where the updated package is still building).
Depending on how quickly your mirror updates it should be safe to upgrade now.
The version with the fix is 4:4.7.3-4ubuntu6. It should pull in a new package
(qdbus), so you'll have to dist-upgrade.

Scott K