-   -   Script to copy packages from one PPA to another (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/550672-script-copy-packages-one-ppa-another.html)

Philip Muskovac 07-10-2011 05:11 PM

Script to copy packages from one PPA to another

Since you can't copy more than 2-3 packages at the same time using the
Launchpad UI without getting timeout errors, I wrote a script using
launchpadlib to make that easier, esp. since out package count just
exploded with 4.7. It's called kopypackages and you can find it in the
trunk of lp:kubuntu-dev-tools under bin/.
Feel free to send bugreports or extension wishes to me.

$ ./kopypackages -h
Usage: kopypackages [-h|-n|-q|-c <credfile>] (-a |-p <package> |-b
<batchfile>) ppa:fromPPA from_release ppa:toPPA to_release

-h, --help show this help message and exit
-n, --nobinaries Don't copy binary packages
-q, --quiet Be quiet and don't print anything on success
-c CREDENTIALS_FILE, --credentials=CREDENTIALS_FILE
use the specified credentials file for
authentication
with launchpad instead of the keyring
-a, --all Copy all packages in the ppa
-p PKG, --package=PKG
Source package to copy, may be be given multiple
times
-b BATCHFILE, --batch=BATCHFILE
File with source packages to copy (newline seperated
list)

I used it to copy the 4.6.5 packages with
./kopypackages -a ppa:kubuntu-ppa/staging natty ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa natty

Enjoy :)
Philip