Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Harald Sitter

Default Kubuntu Alpha 2 and KDE 4.7rc1

Salute mes amis!

Perhaps you have noticed that there is no Kubuntu alpha 2
announcement. The reason for this is that we were hard at work to get
KDE 4.6.90 (aka 4.7rc1) packaged. Currently we are fixing up some
remaining issues and prepare for upload to the Ubuntu archive.

Now, KDE 4.6.90 is implementing a partially split source tarball
distribution. Meaning what previously was kdegraphics are now okular,
gwenview, kolourpaint etc.. For additional information on this change
you can surely find sufficient amount of information via Google, so I
am not going into detail here.

Long story short: KDE stuff may break over the next couple of days, so
unless you want to take you chances you might want to hold back on
upgrades.

regards,
Harald