Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Kubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/)
-   -   I: ubuntuone-kde (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/532124-i-ubuntuone-kde.html)

LucaTringali 05-29-2011 12:09 PM

I: ubuntuone-kde
 
I sent this message a week ago, but seems nobody read it, so I'm sending again:

Hello everybody,
I took a look at UbuntuOne client for KDE made by Harald Sitter: it didn't
work because there were some little errors into the CMake files. After I fixed
them, the entire project builds correctly, and works fine except for one
thing:
in the InfoModule are not shown the informations (username, total space,
etc...). It seems that the function void Interface::parseAccount(QNetworkReply
*reply) in the Api.cpp file cannot find a correct QNetworkReply. I'm working
on
it for a month but I'm not able to understand where is the error, since
everything seems good.
By the way, everything else works well: the files are uploaded correctly,
sharing folder, and every other little thing. I think that, for the moment, it
could be packaged as it is, just to give KDE users something nice and well
integrated into the DE for using UbuntuOne. In the next months I will still be
searching for a solution, but it would be nicer if someone smarter than me on
UbuntuOne's structure could give a look at this problem.
What do you think?

Luca Tringali

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Mark Fraser 05-29-2011 04:24 PM

I: ubuntuone-kde
 
On Sunday 29 May 2011 13:09:55 LucaTringali wrote:
> I sent this message a week ago, but seems nobody read it, so I'm sending
> again:
>
> Hello everybody,
> I took a look at UbuntuOne client for KDE made by Harald Sitter: it didn't
> work because there were some little errors into the CMake files. After I
> fixed them, the entire project builds correctly, and works fine except for
> one thing:
> in the InfoModule are not shown the informations (username, total space,
> etc...). It seems that the function void
> Interface::parseAccount(QNetworkReply *reply) in the Api.cpp file cannot
> find a correct QNetworkReply. I'm working on
> it for a month but I'm not able to understand where is the error, since
> everything seems good.
> By the way, everything else works well: the files are uploaded correctly,
> sharing folder, and every other little thing. I think that, for the moment,
> it could be packaged as it is, just to give KDE users something nice and
> well integrated into the DE for using UbuntuOne. In the next months I will
> still be searching for a solution, but it would be nicer if someone
> smarter than me on UbuntuOne's structure could give a look at this
> problem.
> What do you think?

I'm not a developer, but I think Kubuntu needs a Ubuntu One client. The one
that Harold Sitter bought out worked OK until something changed at the server
end that stopped it working and IIRC Harold tried to get info out of
Canonical, but was unsuccessful.

--
Registered Linux User #466407 http://counter.li.org



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Harald Sitter 05-30-2011 02:54 PM

I: ubuntuone-kde
 
On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM, LucaTringali <TRINGALINVENT@libero.it> wrote:
> I sent this message a week ago, but seems nobody read it, so I'm sending again:
>
> Hello everybody,
> I took a look at UbuntuOne client for KDE made by Harald Sitter: it didn't
> work because there were some little errors into the CMake files. After I fixed
> them, the entire project builds correctly, and works fine except for one
> thing:
> in the InfoModule are not shown the informations (username, total space,
> etc...). It seems that the function void Interface::parseAccount(QNetworkReply
> *reply) in the Api.cpp file cannot find a correct QNetworkReply. I'm working
> on

Without looking at the code there are basically 2 options why the QNR
could be unparsable:
a) they changed the server-side api
b) the networkrequest is not oauth'd (i.e. the server does not reply
with valid data, as the request is not associated/authorized by a
given user)

both are entirely possible, especially latter since they changed the
single sign on stuff quite a bit over the last 6 months. Best is to
qDebug() the content of the arriving QNR, if it contains some message
about not being authenticated that would be the oauth problem, if it
contains nothing that would be an api change, if it contains something
sensible but is still not parsable that would indicate that the format
changed (though the whole thing uses json so the change needed to be
quite extreme in order to break parsing)

On a not unrelated note, I believe that the ubuntuone team at some
point worked on a C library for the api and/or syncdaemon, perhaps
using that could take quite some logic out of the current
implementations (which is rather important as ubuntuone likes to break
their apis, and if they themselves maintain the C library the C api
will always be up-to-date with their latest python api breakage).

regards,
Harald

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.