Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Pali Rohár

Default Fwd: kopete: "No apparent way to disable events while status is Busy"

On ┼*t┬*26.┬*m├íj┬*2011,┬*14:39:59┬*CEST, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from murphy@constantthought.com -----

> Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:26:12 -0700

> Subject: kopete: "No apparent way to disable events while status is Busy"

> From: murphy@constantthought.com

> To: jriddell@ubuntu.com

> I see you applied a patch for Kubuntu's kopete that was submitted to the

> KDE tracker:

> https://bugs.kde.org/184113 "No apparent way to disable events while

> status is Busy"

> I'm pretty sure this patch is quite broken, and causes the suppression of

> notifications for perfectly good IMs even when you're NOT away.┬* With no

> sound or popup, I have missed many IMs for minutes and even hours (which

> seems to me like a worse problem than the one the patch is supposed to

> fix).┬* I've recently decided to give KDE a shot for the first time in

> like 10 years, since I'm not sure I like where Gnome and Unity are

> going.┬* This bug has been the worst part of the experience so far.┬* (So

> that's not too bad, really. )

> I've have submitted an alternate patch.┬* I've only been using kopete

> since Kubuntu 11.04 came out, so I can't really swear by my patch, but I

> was really swearing AT the other one.

> I noticed you're not on the CC list, so I thought I'd ping you.

> -- Murphy

> ----- End forwarded message -----

> __________________________________________________ ______

> 38 (1F2) Temple Park Crescent |┬* jr@jriddell.org

> Edinburgh┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* |┬* http://www.jriddell.org

> EH11 1HU, Scotland┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* |┬* 07941 938912

>┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* Kubuntu┬* http://www.kubuntu.org┬* Pure KGX

Hello,

maybe my patch for Kopete on reviewboard is interesting for this problem. See: https://svn.reviewboard.kde.org/r/6586/

I will ask on kopete mailinglist why was still not commited to upstream.

--

Pali Rohár

pali.rohar@gmail.com