-   -   Fwd: kopete: "No apparent way to disable events while status is Busy" (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/530968-fwd-kopete-no-apparent-way-disable-events-while-status-busy.html)

Jonathan Riddell 05-26-2011 12:39 PM

Fwd: kopete: "No apparent way to disable events while status is Busy"

----- Forwarded message from murphy@constantthought.com -----

Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:26:12 -0700
Subject: kopete: "No apparent way to disable events while status is Busy"
From: murphy@constantthought.com
To: jriddell@ubuntu.com

I see you applied a patch for Kubuntu's kopete that was submitted to the
KDE tracker:

https://bugs.kde.org/184113 "No apparent way to disable events while
status is Busy"

I'm pretty sure this patch is quite broken, and causes the suppression of
notifications for perfectly good IMs even when you're NOT away. With no
sound or popup, I have missed many IMs for minutes and even hours (which
seems to me like a worse problem than the one the patch is supposed to
fix). I've recently decided to give KDE a shot for the first time in like
10 years, since I'm not sure I like where Gnome and Unity are going. This
bug has been the worst part of the experience so far. (So that's not too
bad, really. :) )

I've have submitted an alternate patch. I've only been using kopete since
Kubuntu 11.04 came out, so I can't really swear by my patch, but I was
really swearing AT the other one. :)

I noticed you're not on the CC list, so I thought I'd ping you.

-- Murphy

----- End forwarded message -----