FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Myriam Schweingruber
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 07:20, Kubuntu Members <noreply@launchpad.net> wrote:
> Hello Myriam Schweingruber,
>
> Your membership in the Kubuntu Members (kubuntu-members) team has
> expired.
> <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members>

/me cries

That was an omission of mine, I was moving house and traveling back
and forth between Germany and Switzerland several times in the last
weeks and I simply missed these mails. Can this be reactivated,
please?


Regards, Myriam.

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
http://www.fsfe.org
Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Harald Sitter
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
<myriam@kubuntu.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 07:20, Kubuntu Members <noreply@launchpad.net> wrote:
>> Hello Myriam Schweingruber,
>>
>> Your membership in the Kubuntu Members (kubuntu-members) team has
>> expired.
>> <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members>
>
> /me cries
>
> That was an omission of mine, I was moving house and traveling back
> and forth between Germany and Switzerland several times in the last
> weeks and I simply missed these mails. Can this be reactivated,
> please?

This is not sufficiently specified actually.
In the past we have done re-interviewing if I am not mistaken. I
personally could also imagine that a council member proposes immediate
vote on this matter, given the missing specification of what to do and
the reasonable explanation.

That said, if we should have to re-interview I'd like to specify the
proper procedure for this in the same meeting. Maybe someone could ask
how other councils handle this?

regards,
Harald

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Mackenzie Morgan
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This is not sufficiently specified actually.
> In the past we have done re-interviewing if I am not mistaken. I
> personally could also imagine that a council member proposes immediate
> vote on this matter, given the missing specification of what to do and
> the reasonable explanation.
>
> That said, if we should have to re-interview I'd like to specify the
> proper procedure for this in the same meeting. Maybe someone could ask
> how other councils handle this?

For Ubuntu Member, we'd just the button to reactivate them, I think.
I saw someone do it for sabdfl's expiration the other day :P

I believe Dan Chen's reactivation in ~core-dev was also interview-less.

--
Mackenzie Morgan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Harald Sitter
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That said, if we should have to re-interview I'd like to specify the
>> proper procedure for this in the same meeting. Maybe someone could ask
>> how other councils handle this?
>
> For Ubuntu Member, we'd just the button to reactivate them, I think.
> I saw someone do it for sabdfl's expiration the other day :P
>
> I believe Dan Chen's reactivation in ~core-dev was also interview-less.

Not particularly well defined rules then :P

I'd imagine something like:
* if reactivation request arrives within a 2 week window -> reactivate
* else reinterview

This does not help when someone misreads the mail (quite frankly IIRC
there are *multiple* mails, so that is a bit of a special case
anyway). It however prevents us from reactivating membership of people
who are no longer actual members of the community for reasons without
"merit".

I feel the 2 weeks rule is simple enough and yet efficient enough to
not introduce overhead or anything.

Also, should someone think that the 2 week window can also be abused -
yes - but as generally the council can take appropriate steps in such
cases, i do not think it is much of a problem. The 2 week window
essentially just enables one single council member to take action
without having to consult a quorumish amount of other council members


regards,
Harald

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Daniel Chen
 
Default myriam expired from team

On May 15, 2011 1:44 AM, "Mackenzie Morgan" <macoafi@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> I believe Dan Chen's reactivation in ~core-dev was also interview-less.


It still required an interview, but it was short and uncontroversial.


-Dan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Scott Kitterman
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Saturday, May 14, 2011 01:17:44 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
>
> <myriam@kubuntu.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 07:20, Kubuntu Members <noreply@launchpad.net>
wrote:
> >> Hello Myriam Schweingruber,
> >>
> >> Your membership in the Kubuntu Members (kubuntu-members) team has
> >> expired.
> >> <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members>
> >
> > /me cries
> >
> > That was an omission of mine, I was moving house and traveling back
> > and forth between Germany and Switzerland several times in the last
> > weeks and I simply missed these mails. Can this be reactivated,
> > please?
>
> This is not sufficiently specified actually.
> In the past we have done re-interviewing if I am not mistaken. I
> personally could also imagine that a council member proposes immediate
> vote on this matter, given the missing specification of what to do and
> the reasonable explanation.
>
> That said, if we should have to re-interview I'd like to specify the
> proper procedure for this in the same meeting. Maybe someone could ask
> how other councils handle this?

My understanding is that the distinction is between someone who is currently
active and misses the mail versus someone who has not been active who wants to
resume being active. If someone is active in the community, I see no reason
to require an interview just because they missed a mail.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Harald Sitter
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2011 01:17:44 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
>> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
>>
>> <myriam@kubuntu.org> wrote:
>> > On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 07:20, Kubuntu Members <noreply@launchpad.net>
> wrote:
>> >> Hello Myriam Schweingruber,
>> >>
>> >> Your membership in the Kubuntu Members (kubuntu-members) team has
>> >> expired.
>> >> <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members>
>> >
>> > /me cries
>> >
>> > That was an omission of mine, I was moving house and traveling back
>> > and forth between Germany and Switzerland several times in the last
>> > weeks and I simply missed these mails. Can this be reactivated,
>> > please?
>>
>> This is not sufficiently specified actually.
>> In the past we have done re-interviewing if I am not mistaken. I
>> personally could also imagine that a council member proposes immediate
>> vote on this matter, given the missing specification of what to do and
>> the reasonable explanation.
>>
>> That said, if we should have to re-interview I'd like to specify the
>> proper procedure for this in the same meeting. Maybe someone could ask
>> how other councils handle this?
>
> My understanding is that the distinction is between someone who is currently
> active and misses the mail versus someone who has not been active who wants to
> resume being active. *If someone is active in the community, I see no reason
> to require an interview just because they missed a mail.

Yes, but you cannot reflect this properly in a simple rule. Like if
someone is clearly active and missed the mails and only notices past
the 2 week grace period, then the required interview could be as short
as simply having the council vote.

I do not think a single council member should be the judge of current
activity though... this could cause all sorts of social problems if
one messes up. Hence I feel that clearly defining what to do is
necessary, so that any given point a council member can act within a
defined range of possibilities, thus lifting the decision from one
individual alone.

regards,
Harald

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Jonathan Riddell
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 06:10:36PM +0200, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 07:20, Kubuntu Members <noreply@launchpad.net> wrote:
> > Hello Myriam Schweingruber,
> >
> > Your membership in the Kubuntu Members (kubuntu-members) team has
> > expired.
> > <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members>
>
> /me cries
>
> That was an omission of mine, I was moving house and traveling back
> and forth between Germany and Switzerland several times in the last
> weeks and I simply missed these mails. Can this be reactivated,
> please?

I've reactivated this.

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Scott Kitterman
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Sunday, May 15, 2011 03:01:34 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>
wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 14, 2011 01:17:44 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
> >> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
> >>
> >> <myriam@kubuntu.org> wrote:
> >> > On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 07:20, Kubuntu Members <noreply@launchpad.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> >> Hello Myriam Schweingruber,
> >> >>
> >> >> Your membership in the Kubuntu Members (kubuntu-members) team has
> >> >> expired.
> >> >> <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members>
> >> >
> >> > /me cries
> >> >
> >> > That was an omission of mine, I was moving house and traveling back
> >> > and forth between Germany and Switzerland several times in the last
> >> > weeks and I simply missed these mails. Can this be reactivated,
> >> > please?
> >>
> >> This is not sufficiently specified actually.
> >> In the past we have done re-interviewing if I am not mistaken. I
> >> personally could also imagine that a council member proposes immediate
> >> vote on this matter, given the missing specification of what to do and
> >> the reasonable explanation.
> >>
> >> That said, if we should have to re-interview I'd like to specify the
> >> proper procedure for this in the same meeting. Maybe someone could ask
> >> how other councils handle this?
> >
> > My understanding is that the distinction is between someone who is
> > currently active and misses the mail versus someone who has not been
> > active who wants to resume being active. If someone is active in the
> > community, I see no reason to require an interview just because they
> > missed a mail.
>
> Yes, but you cannot reflect this properly in a simple rule. Like if
> someone is clearly active and missed the mails and only notices past
> the 2 week grace period, then the required interview could be as short
> as simply having the council vote.
>
> I do not think a single council member should be the judge of current
> activity though... this could cause all sorts of social problems if
> one messes up. Hence I feel that clearly defining what to do is
> necessary, so that any given point a council member can act within a
> defined range of possibilities, thus lifting the decision from one
> individual alone.

I'm not particularly worried about this. if one council member makes a
mistake it can be evaluated and fixed. I'd rather not add more bureaucracy
than we need and am happy jr fixed it.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Harald Sitter
 
Default myriam expired from team

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
>> I do not think a single council member should be the judge of current
>> activity though... this could cause all sorts of social problems if
>> one messes up. Hence I feel that clearly defining what to do is
>> necessary, so that any given point a council member can act within a
>> defined range of possibilities, thus lifting the decision from one
>> individual alone.
>
> I'm not particularly worried about this. *if one council member makes a
> mistake it can be evaluated and fixed. *I'd rather not add more bureaucracy
> than we need and am happy jr fixed it.

Fair enough. Lets implement a YAGNI approach to this ^^

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org