Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Sergey Rudchenko

Default Kaffeine codecs autoinstallation

Hello, all.

Sorry for long time I was silent. Now I would like to share the subj
with you.
To test this issue you should apply the patch from attached tarball and
copy directory
tree to your root filesystem. Rebuild the kaffeine and install it
(importrant: just running

kaffeine built will not work).

Note: the script I provided installs libxine1-ffmpeg. When I will know
how to download and install

libdvdcss correctly, I add this to script (or do it yourself ).

Now you should # apt-get remove libxine1-ffmpeg and try to open any
videofile encoded

Things left to do:
1) downloading of libdvdcss
2) localization of the script (maybe we should rewrite it on python e.g.)

Best regards,
Sereg@

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 01:19:51PM +0200, Sergey Rudchenko wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> Sorry for long time I was silent. Now I would like to share the subj
> with you.
> To test this issue you should apply the patch from attached tarball and
> copy directory
> tree to your root filesystem. Rebuild the kaffeine and install it
> (importrant: just running
> kaffeine built will not work).

This works great, thanks very much. I've uploaded it to hardy.

> Note: the script I provided installs libxine1-ffmpeg. When I will know
> how to download and install
> libdvdcss correctly, I add this to script (or do it yourself ).

You can see the file /usr/share/doc/kaffeine/install-css.sh in the new
Kaffeine in hardy for how to do this.

Jonathan