FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
schmirrwurst
 
Default Kaffeine ignoring phonon settings in Natty

Since I switched to natty, I can't play kaffeine on my external usb speakers...
The settings in Phonon works with all other kde apps, but not with kaffeine...

I first though it is because of the gstreamer backend, but I changed to xine to
try, and it is the same...

I've red somehow that kaffeine is using libxine somehow directly, but does it
mean it doesn't use kde settings at all, Am I not able to play it on my usb
speaker anymore ???

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=272681

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Valorie Zimmerman
 
Default Kaffeine ignoring phonon settings in Natty

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 1:09 AM, schmirrwurst
<schmirrwurst@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Since I switched to natty, I can't play kaffeine on my external usb speakers...
> The settings in Phonon works with all other kde apps, but not with kaffeine...
>
> I first though it is because of the gstreamer backend, but I changed to xine to
> try, and it is the same...
>
> I've red somehow that kaffeine is using libxine somehow directly, but does it
> mean it doesn't use kde settings at all, Am I not able to play it on my usb
> speaker anymore ???
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=272681

Kaffeine doesn't use phonon, nor does it use xine anymore. It uses
Gstreamer as a backend, without phonon. Be sure you have the necessary
codecs installed for Gstreamer.

Does your USB speaker show up in Pulseaudio/Veromix ?

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM
schmirrwurst
 
Default Kaffeine ignoring phonon settings in Natty

I've all gstreamer plugins installed...
Kaffeine is shown in kmix und playing devices...

Le dimanche 8 mai 2011 11:26:56, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 1:09 AM, schmirrwurst
>
> <schmirrwurst@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Since I switched to natty, I can't play kaffeine on my external usb
> > speakers... The settings in Phonon works with all other kde apps, but
> > not with kaffeine...
> >
> > I first though it is because of the gstreamer backend, but I changed to
> > xine to try, and it is the same...
> >
> > I've red somehow that kaffeine is using libxine somehow directly, but
> > does it mean it doesn't use kde settings at all, Am I not able to play
> > it on my usb speaker anymore ???
> >
> > https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=272681
>
> Kaffeine doesn't use phonon, nor does it use xine anymore. It uses
> Gstreamer as a backend, without phonon. Be sure you have the necessary
> codecs installed for Gstreamer.
>
> Does your USB speaker show up in Pulseaudio/Veromix ?
>
> Valorie

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 05-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Harald Sitter
 
Default Kaffeine ignoring phonon settings in Natty

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM, schmirrwurst
<schmirrwurst@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've all gstreamer plugins installed...
> Kaffeine is shown in kmix und playing devices...

Please file a bug with the Kaffeine developers, this is absolutely
unrelated to Phonon. In fact the problem would not appear if they used
Phonon...

regards,
Harald

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:50 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org