-   -   Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/520146-kubuntu-packaging-oneiric.html)

Scott Kitterman 04-30-2011 01:35 AM

Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric

Blueprint changed by Scott Kitterman:

Definition Status: New => Discussion

--
Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-kubuntu-packaging

Scott Kitterman 04-30-2011 05:44 PM

Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric

Blueprint changed by Scott Kitterman:

--
Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-kubuntu-packaging

Jonathan Thomas 05-16-2011 01:52 PM

Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric

Blueprint changed by Jonathan Thomas:

Whiteboard set to:
* Wait and see what upstream does with the KDE tarballs
- May have to split binary packages, may not have to do anything at all

* Qt 4.8 will be out in a month or two
- We want to ship the latest Qt, but KDE depends on 4.7...
- Not a huge feature release, more of a patch release
- Internals have changed, so regressions are still possible, but shouldn't be *too* likely.
- Raster is the most tested and recommended graphicssystem, we should try enabling it by default again, please test with QtWebkit as well
- Contact Samuel Roedal (sroedal) about raster bugs if found

* KDE 4.7

* Wait for Debian to upload 4.6.3 (KDE) and merge then move on to 4.7
alpha's

* KDEPIM
- Wait until it's released to decide-
- Test in PPAs like we did last time

* GUFW not default in Ubuntu, so we don't need it in Kubuntu. (Was
nominated under the false assumption that GUFW was default)

* Touchegg
- Default on mobile, tablet
- If we have the space, put it on the CD. If not, have the option to install it

* Backup
- Evaluate backup options (KBackup? Back In Time? Quintasan to test?)

* Telepathy
- Not going to be ready in time

* Gluon
- Might need to use it as a dependency in the nearish future.
- Not currently needed, nor ready.
- We should package it so that we have it when we need it, no rush though.
- Quintasan will package.

Jonathan Thomas 05-16-2011 01:55 PM

Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric

Blueprint changed by Jonathan Thomas:

Whiteboard changed:
* Wait and see what upstream does with the KDE tarballs
- - May have to split binary packages, may not have to do anything at all
+ ****- May have to split binary packages, may not have to do anything at all

* Qt 4.8 will be out in a month or two
- - We want to ship the latest Qt, but KDE depends on 4.7...
- - Not a huge feature release, more of a patch release
- - Internals have changed, so regressions are still possible, but shouldn't be *too* likely.
- - Raster is the most tested and recommended graphicssystem, we should try enabling it by default again, please test with QtWebkit as well
- - Contact Samuel Roedal (sroedal) about raster bugs if found
-
- * KDE 4.7
+
[...]

+ Qt 4.7 patch review:
+ - kubuntu_12_fix_stack_protector.diff -> goes upstream <--- need to go to webkit as wekk
+ - kubuntu_15_appmenu.diff -> we want it upstream, problems with Macs ATM but Aurelien said he will be able to fix it once he get's a Mac
+ - kubuntu_16_qt-designer...something - goes upstream as well <--- sent
+ - kubuntu_17_enbale_qtwebkit_for_qtassistant.diff - keep it and propose upstream
+ - kubuntu_18_fix_qtreeview_regression.diff - WENT UPSTREAM
+ DONE - kubuntu_21_fix_phantom_cursor.diff - removed from BZR
+ - kubuntu_22_thumb2_support.diff - ASK UPSTREAM (thiago?)
+ - kubuntu_24_large_qtreeview.diff - check upstream
+ DONE - kubuntu_26_dbusconnection_pointer.diff - WENT UPSTREAM
+ - kubuntu_29_egl_qglcontext_stubs.diff - GOES UPSTREAM <----- sent
+ DONE - kubuntu_90_webkit_htmlxml_gb_gb18030_detect.diff - WENT UPSTREAM
+ DONE - kubuntu_91_fix_qtextedit_selectall_crash.patch - WENT UPSTREAM
+
+
+ network manager 0.9
+ - need to check if it breaks kde-base-workspace integration
+ - testing needed (kubuntu ppa?/neon) Afiestas to test.
+ - 0.9 to go into archive.
+ - if possible kdebase independant knm (if supported by upstream)
+ Package NM 0.9 for testing, testing, testing and we maybe will put it.
+
+ Work closer with the Debian KDE team
+ - review our diff and send changes upstream
+ - package KDE 4.7 in Debian first?
+ + less duplication of work
+ + less package diff that we need to resolve later
+ - KCM Grub by default approach 2 - valid use case: select default boot os; danger: how easy is it to break shit?
+ blink
+
+ KCM GRUB - awaiting investigation, delegate JT -> we maybe will put on
+ CD
+
+ Kde Merging.
+ Merge from debian sooner rather than later.
+ If 4.6.3 is not uploaded soon, we will merge striaght from git.
+ Patches to be considered for upstream merge (afiestas/apachelogger)
+ Debian packaging changes to debian (merger person)
+
+ Blink (Can has blink?)
+ Jussi to discuss with debian developers because no one is interested.
+
+
+ kamoso for DVD
+ - Start process for main inclusion. (Quintasan)

Jonathan Thomas 05-16-2011 03:18 PM

[...]

+ * KDEPIM 4.7
+ - KDE 4.7 requires Shared Desktop Ontologies 0.7.0
+ **- S-D-O 0.7.0 will not work with KDEPIM 4.5
+ - We must upgrade to KDEPIM 4.7 in Oneiric, ready or not

Scott Kitterman 05-16-2011 03:20 PM

[...]

+ * KDEPIM 4.6+
+ **- KDE 4.7 requires Shared Desktop Ontologies 0.7.0
+ **- S-D-O 0.7.0 will not work with KDEPIM 4.4
+ **- We must upgrade to KDEPIM 4.6 or later in Oneiric, ready or not

Scott Kitterman 06-09-2011 04:31 PM

Kubuntu Packaging for Oneiric

Blueprint changed by Scott Kitterman:

Definition Status: Discussion => Approved