Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Harald Sitter

Default Ubuntu SSO Client

'Lo everyone

After GSOC last year I rushed a KDE UI for the all new ubuntu single
sign on and eventually gave up because of intermediate breakage in
maverick at the time. This weekend I got rather bored and made the
necessary changes to make the UI work as expected [1].

To test it (on natty only), simply install and change in
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu_sso/credentials.py:

> ui_module='ubuntu_sso.gtk.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
> ui_module='ubuntu_sso.kde.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',

...and try to use an SSO app such as Ubuntu One (beware a dep bug [2]).

The ui is done in cpp with a bazillion Qt designer files, bound to
pyth0rn via python-sip. I hope everyone who is interested in USSO will
poke into it a bit Also it should make a renewed effort for KDE
Ubuntu One (I think I read something like this here?) easier as large
parts of auth and storage are completely outsourced to USSO now.

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/ubuntu-sso-client/kdeui
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/769520

regards,
The Pink Knight

Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Valorie Zimmerman

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 'Lo everyone
>
> After GSOC last year I rushed a KDE UI for the all new ubuntu single
> sign on and eventually gave up because of intermediate breakage in
> maverick at the time. This weekend I got rather bored and made the
> necessary changes to make the UI work as expected [1].
>
> To test it (on natty only), simply install and change in
> /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu_sso/credentials.py:
>
>> * * * * * * * * *ui_module='ubuntu_sso.gtk.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>> * * * * * * * * ui_module='ubuntu_sso.kde.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>
> ...and try to use an SSO app such as Ubuntu One (beware a dep bug [2]).
>
> The ui is done in cpp with a bazillion Qt designer files, bound to
> pyth0rn via python-sip. I hope everyone who is interested in USSO will
> poke into it a bit Also it should make a renewed effort for KDE
> Ubuntu One (I think I read something like this here?) easier as large
> parts of auth and storage are completely outsourced to USSO now.
>
> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/ubuntu-sso-client/kdeui
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/769520
>
> regards,
> The Pink Knight

Hey Harald,

Thanks so much for doing this. Since I installed and started using
Tomboy Notes, I need a working U1! And I was sad to see that U1 works
not at all in Maverick. So you can be sure that as soon as I've
installed Natty, I'll be testing your fix!

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Tres Finocchiaro

Just got to this email...*
In regards to SSO, what other services (besides Ubuntu One) does this client make available via SSO? *SSO is a popular thing in medium and large organizations, so I'm just asking out of*curiosity.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Valorie Zimmerman

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> 'Lo everyone
>>
>> After GSOC last year I rushed a KDE UI for the all new ubuntu single
>> sign on and eventually gave up because of intermediate breakage in
>> maverick at the time. This weekend I got rather bored and made the
>> necessary changes to make the UI work as expected [1].
>>
>> To test it (on natty only), simply install and change in
>> /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu_sso/credentials.py:
>>
>>> * * * * * * * * *ui_module='ubuntu_sso.gtk.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>>> * * * * * * * * ui_module='ubuntu_sso.kde.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>>
>> ...and try to use an SSO app such as Ubuntu One (beware a dep bug [2]).
>>
>> The ui is done in cpp with a bazillion Qt designer files, bound to
>> pyth0rn via python-sip. I hope everyone who is interested in USSO will
>> poke into it a bit Also it should make a renewed effort for KDE
>> Ubuntu One (I think I read something like this here?) easier as large
>> parts of auth and storage are completely outsourced to USSO now.
>>
>> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/ubuntu-sso-client/kdeui
>> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/769520
>>
>> regards,
>> The Pink Knight
>
> Hey Harald,
>
> Thanks so much for doing this. Since I installed and started using
> Tomboy Notes, I need a working U1! And I was sad to see that U1 works
> not at all in Maverick. So you can be sure that as soon as I've
> installed Natty, I'll be testing your fix!
>
> Valorie

While I have installed Natty, I haven't gotten to this partial fix
yet. Is there a patched U1 happening in backports, perhaps? Reading
the bug, it is unclear whether the fix is proposed, or committed.

Harald, did you fix the ubuntuone package with your patch above, or
the KDE ui? I don't find the KDE available in packages.

Valorie

Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Harald Sitter

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Harald, did you fix the ubuntuone package with your patch above, or
> the KDE ui? I don't find the KDE available in packages.

ui, there are no packages as it still requires integration bits to be
done on the ubuntu-sso side of things at large.

regards,
Harald

Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Harald Sitter

Well as any SSO solution it is only meant to 3rd party authenticate a
user. Since that is however in this case done by Ubuntu I do not see
much use for it other than Ubuntu and Ubuntu related services such as
Launchpad and Ubuntu One.

https://login.ubuntu.com/

regards,
Harald