Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default fixing bluetooth teathering on plasma NM for kubuntu

On Monday, April 25, 2011 09:39:26 AM shani feldman wrote:
> this was published a few days ago
>
> http://lamarque-lvs.blogspot.com/2011/04/plasma-nm-bluetooth-tethering.html
>
> i am working around this issue for a long while (in a brute, effective but
> most uncomfortable way)
>
> and i was wondering weather it will be possible to integrate this patch in
> one of the kubuntu PPA's sooner than KDE 4.7.0
>
> i can recompile my self, but i am a religeous cutting edge updater and that
> plan will mess up my updates 'till 4.7
>
> so unless someone has a better idea for me ?
>
> hope to hear from you soon
>
> a satisfied costumer
>
> shani

A change like this might go in our experimental PPA, but the blog post
mentions kdelibs changes and I didn't see reference to those. It would take a
packager with interest in doing the modified version to get it there. If
someone wants to do the work experimental is probably a reasonable target for
it.

Scott K

Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 AM
"Alex Fiestas"

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:48:51 +0200, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>
A change like this might go in our experimental PPA, but the blog post
mentions kdelibs changes and I didn't see reference to those. It would
take a

packager with interest in doing the modified version to get it there. If
someone wants to do the work experimental is probably a reasonable
target for

it.
If you decide to go ahead, I will put Bluetooth PAN/DUN at the top of my
list.