-   -   new qt packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/513517-new-qt-packages.html)

04-13-2011 06:50 AM

new qt packages

Hi,

Who can help me out with information about getting new Qt packages in?

I'm at the early stages of packaging a new Qt module - I expect that we'll be looking at hopeful inclusion in Ubuntu late this year.

The packages will require Ubuntu Natty or later since they depend on libqt4-declarative and libqt4-opengl.

I got the name of this mailing list from those packages, which list it as the maintainer. Thus I guess this list is a hopefully good place to post this query.

The project is called Qt3D and we're currently working on a TP1 release for May 20th this year.

Regards,

Sarah Smith
Senior Engineer Team Lead Qt3D
Nokia Qt Development Frameworks
Mobile: +61 448 283 476
sarah.j.smith@nokia.com

Scott Kitterman 04-13-2011 07:21 AM

new qt packages

On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 02:50:07 AM sarah.j.smith@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Who can help me out with information about getting new Qt packages in?
>
> I'm at the early stages of packaging a new Qt module - I expect that we'll
> be looking at hopeful inclusion in Ubuntu late this year.
>
> The packages will require Ubuntu Natty or later since they depend on
> libqt4-declarative and libqt4-opengl.
>
> I got the name of this mailing list from those packages, which list it as
> the maintainer. Thus I guess this list is a hopefully good place to post
> this query.
>
> The project is called Qt3D and we're currently working on a TP1 release for
> May 20th this year.

This is indeed a good place to start that discussion. Well soon release
Natty. By the time your TP1 release is done we'll have started development of
the next release, Oneiric. Here is the draft development schedule for that
cycle:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule

If we are going to include it, it would need to be mature enough to ship to
end users by Feature Freeze, scheduled for July 21st, 2011.

Also, be aware that we only us GL on i386, amd64, and powerpc. On armel we
ship GLES, so any package that makes direct GL calls isn't usable on that
architecture.

Scott K