Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
"Scott Kitterman"

Default R: ubuntuone

No one else is working on it at all as far as I know, so even if you can
only make slow progress, that would be considerable improvement over where
we are now.

Scott K

Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Ralph Janke

I just wanted to know what's the status of ubuntuone-kde client... I
wasn't
able to find a working version: no deb packages, no sources. How is its
development going?

Don't believe anyone's picked it back up since GSoC ended last year.
Do you want to?

I could try to make it work, but I have not too much time, so I may need
some
months to release something usable.

No one else is working on it at all as far as I know, so even if you can
only make slow progress, that would be considerable improvement over where
we are now.

Scott K

I think the biggest issue was, remembering the UDS discussion about this
topic that UbuntuOne was not very cooperative with (pre-)warnings of API
changes. This always puts a potential KDE version in the disadvantage of
being behind the 8-ball.

I am not sure if there is a realistic chance to create a KDE version
under these circumstances, interestingly, the UbuntuOne project within
Canonical does seem to do the same here that Mark is criticising Gnome for.

This is unfortunate, however, I do not see currently a solution for this.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Giuseppe Pennisi

2011/4/12 Ralph Janke <txwikinger@ubuntu.com>:
> [...]
Ubuntu ONE or not the question is simple,
Ubuntu is the only Canonical project to make a very useful and lovely
distro for our desktop and all their effort are focused in it.
Kubuntu is only a "hobby" of a pair guys that will never the same
attention as Ubuntu.
The result is that all Canonical projects are only Gnome oriented.
No one o very few (just a pair) Canonical developers will work in the
distro to cure details for improve it. The Kubuntu destiny is only in
the hands of KDE...also for the default settings.

I always thank the Kubuntu developers but I think this is the fact.

Just my two cents,

Giuseppe

Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
James Cain

Thank you, Luca. I (and all other Kubuntu faithful) look forward to your efforts! I'm sure you're familiar with Harald Sitter's efforts last year...
http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/ubuntu-one-the-kde-way/

Again, best of luck with this project.

- James

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM, LucaTringali <TRINGALINVENT@libero.it> wrote:

Without doing a religion war, I just wanted to say that I'm gonna spend some

time on this project in the future months.

I think we can stop the discussion here, we are going off topic.

Luca Tringali