Old 03-15-2011, 02:24 AM
Scott Kitterman

Default Access to Kubuntu packaging branches on Launchpad

Currently all Kubuntu Members have access to pushing changes in the Kubuntu
packaging branches. Core developers who are not also Kubuntu members can
upload these packages, but not push to the branches. I think this is a bug in
our permissions.

I temporarily added Steve Langasek (LP id vorlon) to kubuntu-members today so
he can keep our branches in sync with the archive while he works on GLES on
armel for Qt/KDE and some other things. This is a workaround.

I think we need a new team which is made up of Ubuntu core-dev and Kubuntu
members (all kubuntu-dev are Kubuntu members) so that in addition to our
current practice we give anyone who can upload the packages access to the
branches as well.

I'm open to suggestions on names. Maybe kubuntu-bzr-pushers? No. Maybe
kubuntu-branches?

Scott K

Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Ralph Janke

Wouldn't adding the ubuntu-core-dev group in launchpad to the kubuntu-dev
group as member solve this problem?

- Ralph

Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Harald Sitter

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Ralph Janke <txwikinger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> *Wouldn't adding the ubuntu-core-dev group in launchpad to the kubuntu-dev
> group as member solve this problem?

No. Every ubuntu-core-dev is already kubuntu-dev (or rather has access
to the Kubuntu package set, which is represented by them being member
of kubuntu-dev). However membership in kubuntu-dev does not grant you
membership in kubuntu-members. One can be dev without being member, as
being dev only requires technical knowledge and reliability and
strictly speaking no existing history of contribution to the growth
and awesomeness of Kubuntu. It just happens to be that right now every
dev is also member, that is not to say there might not be a case in
the future where this is not the case.

So, I think it would indeed be best if we create a new team, after all
having that plunder under kubuntu-members seems a bit odd anyway (or
so I thought when we started the branches back in the great
restructuring of 08).

I find the proposed names a bit boring though :P