Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Valorie Zimmerman

Default Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid?

Hi, we've had quite a few requests for the backport of Amarok 2.4 to
Lucid. Some people prefer to stay with LTS, and yet want fewer bugs in
Amarok. One of our users tried to create a package in his PPA, but he
was unsuccessful. What shall I tell our users?

Valorie

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Bart Cerneels

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 02:08, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, we've had quite a few requests for the backport of Amarok 2.4 to
> Lucid. Some people prefer to stay with LTS, and yet want fewer bugs in
> Amarok. One of our users tried to create a package in his PPA, but he
> was unsuccessful. What shall I tell our users?
>
> Valorie
>
> --

An offer to package should be supported as much as possible.
Please let that user mail amarok-devel@kde.org so we can help.

Bart

Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Rohan Garg

I'll have look at this in a few minutes in case no one has looked at this.

On 2011 3 3 13:49, "Bart Cerneels" <bart.cerneels@kde.org> wrote:> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 02:08, Valorie Zimmerman

Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Rohan Garg

Hi
So i have some more news on this, i have have package currently
building here : https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/staging
Since i don't have a lucid machine, i could not test the package, thus
some feedback would be appreciated before i move it to the Kubuntu
Backports PPA

Regards
Rohan Garg

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Valorie Zimmerman

You completely rock, Shadeslayer! Thanks so much for your swift and
skillful work. Our tester is very happy.

Next question - will phonon-backends besides xine be available to our
Lucid users? I understand this requires an up-to-date phonon, and vlc
1.1.1.

Backports team, what say you?

Valorie

Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Scott Kitterman

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

We'd need someone to investigate what packages (including rdepends) would be affected.

Scott K--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com