-   -   Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/496469-amarok-2-4-backported-lucid.html)

Valorie Zimmerman 03-03-2011 12:08 AM

Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid?

Hi, we've had quite a few requests for the backport of Amarok 2.4 to
Lucid. Some people prefer to stay with LTS, and yet want fewer bugs in
Amarok. One of our users tried to create a package in his PPA, but he
was unsuccessful. What shall I tell our users?

Valorie

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

Bart Cerneels 03-03-2011 07:18 AM

Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid?

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 02:08, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, we've had quite a few requests for the backport of Amarok 2.4 to
> Lucid. Some people prefer to stay with LTS, and yet want fewer bugs in
> Amarok. One of our users tried to create a package in his PPA, but he
> was unsuccessful. What shall I tell our users?
>
> Valorie
>
> --

An offer to package should be supported as much as possible.
Please let that user mail amarok-devel@kde.org so we can help.

Bart

Rohan Garg 03-03-2011 09:53 AM

Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid?

I'll have look at this in a few minutes in case no one has looked at this.

On 2011 3 3 13:49, "Bart Cerneels" <bart.cerneels@kde.org> wrote:> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 02:08, Valorie Zimmerman

Rohan Garg 03-03-2011 12:41 PM

Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid?

Hi
So i have some more news on this, i have have package currently
building here : https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/staging
Since i don't have a lucid machine, i could not test the package, thus
some feedback would be appreciated before i move it to the Kubuntu
Backports PPA

Regards
Rohan Garg

Valorie Zimmerman 03-03-2011 09:23 PM

Amarok 2.4 backported to Lucid?

You completely rock, Shadeslayer! Thanks so much for your swift and
skillful work. Our tester is very happy.

Next question - will phonon-backends besides xine be available to our
Lucid users? I understand this requires an up-to-date phonon, and vlc
1.1.1.

Backports team, what say you?

Valorie

Scott Kitterman 03-03-2011 10:16 PM

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

We'd need someone to investigate what packages (including rdepends) would be affected.

Scott K--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com