Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Kubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/)
-   -   problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/483685-problems-w-install-kubuntu-amd-daily.html)

Jonathan Jesse 02-01-2011 02:48 AM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
Good evening,
Trying to install the daily Kubuntu 11.04 AMD in VirtualBox and after putting my in my username and password and hitting next, the installer closes out
Here is the message from /var/log/installer/dm

error setting MTRR (base -0xe0000000 size - 0x01000000, type -1) invalid argument ddxSigGiveUp



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

"Roderick B. Greening" 02-01-2011 12:44 PM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
On Monday, January 31, 2011 10:48:50 PM Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> Trying to install the daily Kubuntu 11.04 AMD in VirtualBox and after
> putting my in my username and password and hitting next, the installer
> closes out
>
> Here is the message from /var/log/installer/dm
>
> error setting MTRR (base -0xe0000000 size - 0x01000000, type -1) invalid
> argument ddxSigGiveUp

This is X related, and there is currently some X breakage as they update the
entire X.org stack. I expect this to clear itself up over the next few
days/weeks as the drivers come in line with the new X.org stack.

Feel free to correct if I am wrong here :)

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Jesse 02-01-2011 03:08 PM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
Stupid question but the live cd boots to a working deskstop but then bombs on the install, is it trying to install something X related or ??? *THe installer disappears after I hit next

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Roderick B. Greening <roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, January 31, 2011 10:48:50 PM Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Good evening,

>

> Trying to install the daily Kubuntu 11.04 AMD in VirtualBox and after

> putting my in my username and password and hitting next, the installer

> closes out

>

> Here is the message from /var/log/installer/dm

>

> error setting MTRR (base -0xe0000000 size - 0x01000000, type -1) invalid

> argument ddxSigGiveUp



This is X related, and there is currently some X breakage as they update the

entire X.org stack. I expect this to clear itself up over the next few

days/weeks as the drivers come in line with the new X.org stack.



Feel free to correct if I am wrong here :)



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

"Roderick B. Greening" 02-01-2011 03:24 PM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:08:07 AM Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Stupid question but the live cd boots to a working deskstop but then bombs
> on the install, is it trying to install something X related or ??? THe
> installer disappears after I hit next
>
I would guess the live CD is using a default VGA driver and the install is
attempting to setup your actual video card, which the driver stack is probably
busted at the moment.

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Roderick B. Greening <
>
> roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, January 31, 2011 10:48:50 PM Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> > > Good evening,
> > >
> > > Trying to install the daily Kubuntu 11.04 AMD in VirtualBox and
> > > after
> > > putting my in my username and password and hitting next, the
> > > installer
> > > closes out
> > >
> > > Here is the message from /var/log/installer/dm
> > >
> > > error setting MTRR (base -0xe0000000 size - 0x01000000, type -1)
> > > invalid argument ddxSigGiveUp
> >
> > This is X related, and there is currently some X breakage as they update
> > the
> > entire X.org stack. I expect this to clear itself up over the next few
> > days/weeks as the drivers come in line with the new X.org stack.
> >
> > Feel free to correct if I am wrong here :)

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Jesse 02-12-2011 12:39 AM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
Still having problems with VirtualBox and the latest amd64 build. *I receive a crash from ubquity but when I try to report the bug rekonq (Web Browser) crashes so I am unable to post the bug to launchpad either.

Ideas

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Roderick B. Greening <roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:08:07 AM Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Stupid question but the live cd boots to a working deskstop but then bombs

> on the install, is it trying to install something X related or ??? *THe

> installer disappears after I hit next

>

I would guess the live CD is using a default VGA driver and the install is

attempting to setup your actual video card, which the driver stack is probably

busted at the moment.



> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Roderick B. Greening <

>

> roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Monday, January 31, 2011 10:48:50 PM Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> > > Good evening,

> > >

> > > Trying to install the daily Kubuntu 11.04 AMD in VirtualBox and

> > > after

> > > putting my in my username and password and hitting next, the

> > > installer

> > > closes out

> > >

> > > Here is the message from /var/log/installer/dm

> > >

> > > error setting MTRR (base -0xe0000000 size - 0x01000000, type -1)

> > > invalid argument ddxSigGiveUp

> >

> > This is X related, and there is currently some X breakage as they update

> > the

> > entire X.org stack. I expect this to clear itself up over the next few

> > days/weeks as the drivers come in line with the new X.org stack.

> >

> > Feel free to correct if I am wrong here :)



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Jesse 02-12-2011 02:13 AM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
FOllow up email but the amd64 bit daily does not install, but the x86 installs withouth problems

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse@gmail.com> wrote:

Still having problems with VirtualBox and the latest amd64 build. *I receive a crash from ubquity but when I try to report the bug rekonq (Web Browser) crashes so I am unable to post the bug to launchpad either.


Ideas

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Roderick B. Greening <roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:


On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:08:07 AM Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Stupid question but the live cd boots to a working deskstop but then bombs

> on the install, is it trying to install something X related or ??? *THe

> installer disappears after I hit next

>

I would guess the live CD is using a default VGA driver and the install is

attempting to setup your actual video card, which the driver stack is probably

busted at the moment.



> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Roderick B. Greening <

>

> roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Monday, January 31, 2011 10:48:50 PM Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> > > Good evening,

> > >

> > > Trying to install the daily Kubuntu 11.04 AMD in VirtualBox and

> > > after

> > > putting my in my username and password and hitting next, the

> > > installer

> > > closes out

> > >

> > > Here is the message from /var/log/installer/dm

> > >

> > > error setting MTRR (base -0xe0000000 size - 0x01000000, type -1)

> > > invalid argument ddxSigGiveUp

> >

> > This is X related, and there is currently some X breakage as they update

> > the

> > entire X.org stack. I expect this to clear itself up over the next few

> > days/weeks as the drivers come in line with the new X.org stack.

> >

> > Feel free to correct if I am wrong here :)





--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Vishal Rao 02-12-2011 04:57 AM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
On 12 February 2011 08:43, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse@gmail.com> wrote:
> FOllow up email but the amd64 bit daily does not install, but the x86
> installs withouth problems

Have you tried the known steps of "sudo apt-get purge
ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu" before starting the installer?

"Before starting the installer" means you first click "Try Kubuntu" in
the Live CD to get to the KDE desktop.

Then in a terminal/konsole uninstall the slideshow then click the
"Install Kubuntu" icon on the KDE desktop...

Does that still work like it worked for me for the Alpha2 amd64 desktop live CD?

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Jesse 02-13-2011 06:58 PM

problems w/ install of Kubuntu AMD daily
 
Further information here, trying to file a bug still but rekonq crashes and firefox fails to install. *Also when I use apport-bug the options I get to file the bug all deal w/ X crashing.
Here is the note that I get in Ubiquity:

Traceback (most-recent call last):file "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/kde_components/keyboard.py" line 163 in paintEvent** x,rw=drawRow(keys[i], x,y, i==1 and not ext_return)

File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/kde_components/Keyboard.py", line 126 in drawRow** p.drawText(rect, Qt.AlignLeft | Qt.AlignBottom, self.regular_text(k))



On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao@gmail.com> wrote:


On 12 February 2011 08:43, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse@gmail.com> wrote:

> FOllow up email but the amd64 bit daily does not install, but the x86

> installs withouth problems



Have you tried the known steps of "sudo apt-get purge

ubiquity-slideshow-kubuntu" before starting the installer?



"Before starting the installer" means you first click "Try Kubuntu" in

the Live CD to get to the KDE desktop.



Then in a terminal/konsole uninstall the slideshow then click the

"Install Kubuntu" icon on the KDE desktop...



Does that still work like it worked for me for the Alpha2 amd64 desktop live CD?



--

kubuntu-devel mailing list

kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.