Old 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Andrei Lomov

Default lenovo G560 kubuntu 10.10 sound problem

I've installed kubuntu 10.10 on lenovo G560 and get no sound in headphones
(no matter where mixer controls are)

By google search i decide to compile alsa-driver-20110127.tar.gz
(./configure; make; make install)

Now in kmix i have only one playback device "output simulation",
and in phonon/music:
2 output devices are grey
(1. internal device analog stereo
2. high definition audio controller (HDMI))
and 1 device is bright (output simulation)

I try alsamixer in console and get error:
$ alsamixer
cannot open mixer: No such file

No sound at all.
What should i do? Thanks in advance

Andrei

Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru> wrote:

> I've installed kubuntu 10.10 on lenovo G560 and get no sound in headphones
> (no matter where mixer controls are)
>
> By google search i decide to compile alsa-driver-20110127.tar.gz
> (./configure; make; make install)

Did you first try the backported ALSA drivers in the repos?
(linux-backports-modules-alsa-maverick-generic) If not, try undoing
what you did and give that a try. If it doesn't help, please file a
bug with `ubuntu-bug -s audio`

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Andrei Lomov

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru> wrote:
>>
>> I've installed kubuntu 10.10 on lenovo G560 and get no sound in
>> headphones (no matter where mixer controls are)
>>
>> By google search i decide to compile alsa-driver-20110127.tar.gz
>> (./configure; make; make install)
>
> Did you first try the backported ALSA drivers in the repos?
> (linux-backports-modules-alsa-maverick-generic) If not, try undoing
> what you did

# make uninstall

> and give that a try.

Installing backported ALSA drivers

> If it doesn't help, please file a
> bug with `ubuntu-bug -s audio`

Now i have

ii alsa-base 1.0.23+dfsg-1ubuntu4
ii alsa-utils 1.0.23-2ubuntu3.4
ii bluez-alsa 4.69-0ubuntu2
ii libalsaplayer-dev 0.99.80-5build1
ii libalsaplayer0 0.99.80-5build1
ii libclalsadrv-dev 2.0.0-3
ii libclalsadrv2 2.0.0-3
ii libsdl1.2debian-alsa 1.2.14-6ubuntu3
ii linux-backports-modules 2.6.35-25.16 Ubuntu supplied Linux modules for
version 2.6.35 ALSA snapshot
ii linux-backports-modules 2.6.35.25.32 Backported drivers for alsa-driver
snapshot.

Speakers sound well, headphones are dead.

Report a bug?

Andrei

Old 01-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru> wrote:
> Speakers sound well, headphones are dead.
>
> Report a bug?

Yep.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Andrei Lomov

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru> wrote:
>> Speakers sound well, headphones are dead.
>>
>> Report a bug?
>
> Yep.

Bug #654008 (ideapad);
i've marked this bug as affecting me (lenovoG560)

--
Всего доброго,
А.Л.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

2011/1/27 Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru>:
> Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru> wrote:
>>> Speakers sound well, headphones are dead.
>>>
>>> Report a bug?
>>
>> Yep.
>
> Bug #654008 (ideapad);
> i've marked this bug as affecting me (lenovoG560)

Kernel bugs (as this is) should *always* be filed as a new bug report,
because even if you have the same codec or OEM, the hardware could be
slightly different and need a different patch.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Daniel Chen

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andrei Lomov <lomov@math.nsc.ru> wrote:
>>> By google search i decide to compile alsa-driver-20110127.tar.gz
>>> (./configure; make; make install)

linux-backports-modules-alsa is older than what Maverick ships; we've
patched quite a few quirks newer in linux than what is shipped in the
1.0.23 backports.

You should see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo and report a new bug.