-   -   Need guidance - new developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/47026-need-guidance-new-developer.html)

Arpan Patelia 02-04-2008 04:27 PM

Need guidance - new developer

Hello all,

I'm Arpan from India and want to start with KDE/Kubuntu development.
I've played little with Qt3 and Qt4 in past but did not develop anything
using it. I was learning by that time so I am aware of most of the
features provided by Qt4 and believe that I can learn new features
quickly. I tried to build KDE4 from source in early Decemeber last year
but could not so was waiting for KDE 4.0 release. Now it has released
and I'm using it on my kubuntu gutsy desktop through KDE4 packages that
you all have worked hard to get them ready, many thanks for that.

I have a question that how can I go on now and start with KDE/Kubuntu
development? I need guidance to work on this. I know c/c++/c# and
comfortable with them. I am ready to read documentation and play with
example codes but I really need to know the path to be followed and
where to start from.

I am eagerly waiting for a guiding reply.

Thank you all.
Arp@n

"Constantin Makshin" 02-04-2008 04:55 PM

Need guidance - new developer

Look at https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HelpingKubuntu

--
Constantin "Dinosaur" Makshin

Arpan Patelia 02-05-2008 02:19 PM

Constantin Makshin wrote:
> Look at https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HelpingKubuntu
>
> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:27:57 +0300, Arpan Patelia <arpanfoross@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm Arpan from India and want to start with KDE/Kubuntu development.
>> I've played little with Qt3 and Qt4 in past but did not develop anything
>> using it. I was learning by that time so I am aware of most of the
>> features provided by Qt4 and believe that I can learn new features
>> quickly. I tried to build KDE4 from source in early Decemeber last year
>> but could not so was waiting for KDE 4.0 release. Now it has released
>> and I'm using it on my kubuntu gutsy desktop through KDE4 packages that
>> you all have worked hard to get them ready, many thanks for that.
>>
>> I have a question that how can I go on now and start with KDE/Kubuntu
>> development? I need guidance to work on this. I know c/c++/c# and
>> comfortable with them. I am ready to read documentation and play with
>> example codes but I really need to know the path to be followed and
>> where to start from.
>>
>> I am eagerly waiting for a guiding reply.
>>
>> Thank you all.
>> Arp@n

Thanks Constantin.