Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Kubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/)
-   -   KSambaShare patches (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/450463-ksambashare-patches.html)

Rodrigo Belém 11-09-2010 08:03 PM

KSambaShare patches
 
Hello everybody,

I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.

There are some know issues:
* Some cases are not being covered yet
* The share interface, located in file properties, is not setting
permission by users yet.


Feedbacks are really appreciated.


Rodrigo Belem.
--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Harald Sitter 11-10-2010 04:38 PM

KSambaShare patches
 
On Tuesday 09 November 2010 17:03:51 Rodrigo Belém wrote:
> I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
> kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
> patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
> I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

Do you happen to have a git/bzr/something branch for this?

Also I am sure Rohan would love to provide a PPA for this, so that testing
becomes easier... ;)

One thing that just jumped at me and wanted to snuggle was

> if (err.count() == 2 && err.at(0).startsWith("Load smb config files from")
> && err.at(1).startsWith("Loaded services file OK."))

That is from the usershare-support patch line 227. The startsWith will fail
whenever the system locale is not en_US/C, which it almost never is on Kubuntu
(from a localized POV). Hence you will need to enforce a C as language for the
command (e.g. by preceeding the command with LANG=C). Of course this is still
dirty and ultimately you'd have a better option to check for the errors, but
oh well... :)

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer
http://www.kubuntu.org--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

"rclbelem@gmail.com" 11-10-2010 06:49 PM

KSambaShare patches
 
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 November 2010 17:03:51 Rodrigo Belém wrote:
>> I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
>> kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
>> patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
>> I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.
>
> Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

:-D

>
> Do you happen to have a git/bzr/something branch for this?
>

I would like to have, but kdelibs and kdenetwork are not under git yet
:-( Are there bzr clones for them?


> Also I am sure Rohan would love to provide a PPA for this, so that testing
> becomes easier... ;)
>

:-D

> One thing that just jumped at me and wanted to snuggle was
>
>> if (err.count() == 2 && err.at(0).startsWith("Load smb config files from")
>> * * * * && err.at(1).startsWith("Loaded services file OK."))
>
> That is from the usershare-support patch line 227. The startsWith will fail
> whenever the system locale is not en_US/C, which it almost never is on Kubuntu
> (from a localized POV). Hence you will need to enforce a C as language for the
> command (e.g. by preceeding the command with LANG=C). Of course this is still
> dirty and ultimately you'd have a better option to check for the errors, but
> oh well... :)
>

I'm not sure if testparm is internationalized, but I will add LANG=C
to the cmd line to avoid problems :-)


Thanks,


Rodrigo Belem.

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Harald Sitter 11-10-2010 07:09 PM

KSambaShare patches
 
On Wednesday 10 November 2010 15:49:50 rclbelem@gmail.com wrote:
> > Do you happen to have a git/bzr/something branch for this?
>
> I would like to have, but kdelibs and kdenetwork are not under git yet
>
> :-( Are there bzr clones for them?

There should be, thanks to project neon.

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer
http://www.kubuntu.org--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Riddell 11-18-2010 01:16 PM

KSambaShare patches
 
On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 05:03:51PM -0400, Rodrigo Bel??m wrote:
> I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
> kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
> patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
> I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.
>
> There are some know issues:
> * Some cases are not being covered yet
> * The share interface, located in file properties, is not setting
> permission by users yet.

It works! At last I can share files from Dolphin!

There's a tickbox "Share this folder on the local network" which i
don't think does anything, that should go.

The tickbox "Share with Samba (Microsoft(R) Windows(R))" doesn't need
to kowtow to their trademark, should be just
"Share with Samba (Microsoft Windows)"

Should there not be a tickbox for write access?

There is a UI to add individual users but I think most of the time you
want to share with anyone who has an account on your machine so I'd
have radio buttons "Share with all users on this computer" and "Share only with
specified users".

If I untick "Share with Samba" it does stop sharing but it still shows
as being shared in the UI with the extra icon on the folder in dolphin
and the box ticked next time I open the dialogue.

When "Share with Samba" is unticked I think the "Samba Options" box
should be disabled.

I see David Faure has left some comments on reviewboard. Hopefully
there shouldn't be too much work to get him happy and this can go into
4.6.

Let me know if you need any help.

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

"rclbelem@gmail.com" 11-23-2010 12:05 AM

KSambaShare patches
 
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 05:03:51PM -0400, Rodrigo Bel??m wrote:
>> I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
>> kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
>> patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
>> I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.
>>
>> There are some know issues:
>> * Some cases are not being covered yet
>> * The share interface, located in file properties, is not setting
>> permission by users yet.
>
> It works! *At last I can share files from Dolphin!
>
> There's a tickbox "Share this folder on the local network" which i
> don't think does anything, that should go.
>
> The tickbox "Share with Samba (Microsoft(R) Windows(R))" doesn't need
> to kowtow to their trademark, should be just
> "Share with Samba (Microsoft Windows)"
>
> Should there not be a tickbox for write access?
>
> There is a UI to add individual users but I think most of the time you
> want to share with anyone who has an account on your machine so I'd
> have radio buttons "Share with all users on this computer" and "Share only with
> specified users".
>
> If I untick "Share with Samba" it does stop sharing but it still shows
> as being shared in the UI with the extra icon on the folder in dolphin
> and the box ticked next time I open the dialogue.
>
> When "Share with Samba" is unticked I think the "Samba Options" box
> should be disabled.
>
> I see David Faure has left some comments on reviewboard. *Hopefully
> there shouldn't be too much work to get him happy and this can go into
> 4.6.
>

I think that the patch is ready :-) o/. I'm now writing the docstrings.

> Let me know if you need any help.
>

I need some help to define how this ui will be. Some designers help
would be nice :-)

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

"rclbelem@gmail.com" 11-23-2010 12:07 AM

KSambaShare patches
 
2010/11/22 Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau@canonical.com>:
> On 09/11/2010 22:03, Rodrigo Belém wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I've been working to get latest samba sharing tool integrated into
>> kde. I made some progress in the latest weeks and I'm attaching
>> patches for those who want to test. They are in git format :-)
>> I need some help with the property ui to get it more user-friendly.
>
> Can you post before/after screenshots of the property ui?
>

I will update the ui with the Riddell's comments and then will post
the link to the screenshots ;-)

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.