Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Valorie Zimmerman

Default Make Danny welcome!

We met Danny Tamez of Canonical tonight, and he's interested in
helping out with Kubuntu, his favorite distro. :-)

I hope you will join our developers list
<kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>, and #kubuntu-devel on Freenode, and
get to know us, Danny.

Let's make him welcome!

Valorie

PS: http://twitter.com/#!/dannytamez

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez

Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Markus Slopianka

Hi.
I'm curious, because your mail is not that informative. Besides being employed by
Canonical. What does he do? Is he now Canonical's official 3rd KDE guy? Does he work in a
completely unrelated team? What his areas of expertise?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
James Cain

We met Danny Tamez of Canonical tonight, and he's interested in

helping out with Kubuntu, his favorite distro. :-)

I hope you will join our developers list

<kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>, and #kubuntu-devel on Freenode, and

get to know us, Danny.

Let's make him welcome!

Valorie

PS: http://twitter.com/#!/dannytamez

Welcome, Danny! Looking forward to find new people and ideas to take Kubuntu to it's rightful place as the leading KDE Distro around (and out of the overwhelming shadows of it's main counterpart).

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Markus Slopianka <markus.s@kdemail.net> wrote:
> Hi.

> I'm curious, because your mail is not that informative. Besides being employed by

> Canonical. What does he do? Is he now Canonical's official 3rd KDE guy? Does he work in a

> completely unrelated team? What his areas of expertise?

Looking forward to more information as well. Also, Valorie, how has Kubuntu fared at UDS in your opinion? Looking forward to your feedback

- James

*

Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Valorie Zimmerman

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM, James Cain <james.cain.25@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We met Danny Tamez of Canonical tonight, and he's interested in
>> helping out with Kubuntu, his favorite distro. :-)
>>
>> I hope you will join our developers list
>> <kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>, and #kubuntu-devel on Freenode, and
>> get to know us, Danny.
>>
>> Let's make him welcome!
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> PS: http://twitter.com/#!/dannytamez
>
> Welcome, Danny! Looking forward to find new people and ideas to take Kubuntu
> to it's rightful place as the leading KDE Distro around (and out of the
> overwhelming shadows of it's main counterpart).
>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Markus Slopianka <markus.s@kdemail.net>
>> wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I'm curious, because your mail is not that informative. Besides being
>> employed by
>> Canonical. What does he do? Is he now Canonical's official 3rd KDE guy?
>> Does he work in a
>> completely unrelated team? What his areas of expertise?
>
> Looking forward to more information as well. Also, Valorie, how has Kubuntu
> fared at UDS in your opinion? Looking forward to your feedback
>
> - James

Hi James and Markus,

About Danny, you know as many facts as I know. He saw the Kubuntu
shirt I was wearing, and made a comment as we passed in the hall,
about how much he liked Kubuntu, so I asked if he was part of the
team. He said no, but he'd thought about contributing, so I introduced
him to Harald and someone else? I was a little fuzzy by that time of
day. :-)

The Kubuntu sessions have all been fun, useful, excellent, although
the Ubuntuone one was a bit contentious and tense. Still, face-to-face
is good, even if not always pleasant. I hope it improves the over-all
project, whether or not it facilitates Harald's hard work. As far as
the respect given to Kubuntu overall, I'm not seeing much of a change.
Most people like us, but forget about the existance of all the
variants, not just us.

Doing an informal poll here confirms my opinion. We are liked, thought
to be a bit out-there and experimental, and mostly not thought of at
all.

Valorie