Old 10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Craig Brashear

Default Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10 (Mackenzie Morgan)

Mackenzie,

I am well aware of what files are assigned to whom and when, and system
files
should NEVER! be a assigned to a "user" other than one that is a
"system" account.
ie. in Ubuntu, etc. one that is below 1000 gid/uid.
The user in question is a shell user account set up for SAMBA access to
my local printer "ONLY".
This permissions error happened during the initial install, outside of
the normal sudo or kdesu
used for package installation or system maintenance.
Outside of that, when you log in as sudo in a term, or kdesu for gui
package maintenance,
the system should "NOT" reassign the permissions on files in the users
home directory
to root! or any other user for that matter.
This is a bug specific to this distro and needs to be looked at.
And during a boot-up fs check the lost inodes etc. end up in
/var/log/fsck after a brief visit to
"swap" if they are too large for the ram disk, and they are owned by root,
and "only" after fsck is finished and the volume mounted for read/write,
and "if" they are keep-able files. Because the volume in question is
not mounted and files cannot be written to it outside of repairs to the
basic structure.
Generally Lost+Found as you prefer is for intact files that the system
has no idea
where else they should go, either because their descriptor is messed up
or they are
configure incorrectly, ie. screwed up menu and *.directory files.