Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

Default Please test alpha 4 candidate CDs

That is the "current" cd?

On Jan 31, 2008 7:49 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Testers needed for Alpha 4 candidate CDs.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily/
and
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/

Report here or on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all
if I can work out how to get it set up.

Jonathan

Old 01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:19:22AM -0500, Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> That is the "current" cd?

Not sure what you mean, it's the daily CDs builds (KDE 3).

Jonathan

Old 01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/

Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Gabriel Ambuehl

On Thursday 31 January 2008 14:24:04 Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/

The 31st January build boots ok in Virtualbox but clicking upon the media:/
icon in the kicker yields

invalid URL: media:/

Old 01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
"Yuriy Kozlov"

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Testers needed for Alpha 4 candidate CDs.
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily/
> and
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/
>
> Report here or on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all
> if I can work out how to get it set up.
>
> Jonathan

As of the daily CD from Jan. 29 I couldn't install because of this error:
"The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install
target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue."

that comes up while installing (after formatting the / partition).
This is with manual partitioning and keeping an old /home. Same thing
with the alternate CD.

~ Yuriy

Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Sven Boden

> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:29:56 -0500
> From: yuriy.kozlov@gmail.com
> To: kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: Please test alpha 4 candidate CDs
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>>
>> Testers needed for Alpha 4 candidate CDs.
>>
>> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily/
>> and
>> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/
>>
>> Report here or on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all
>> if I can work out how to get it set up.
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> --
>>

> As of the daily CD from Jan. 29 I couldn't install because of this error:
> "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install
> target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue."
>
> that comes up while installing (after formatting the / partition).
> This is with manual partitioning and keeping an old /home. Same thing
> with the alternate CD.
>
> ~ Yuriy

Same problem here... I get first "Removing conflicting operating system files" but this hangs for at least a couple of minutes. I then press skip on the dialog and I get "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue.".

This was on a dual boot system, and if I reboot I get a grub 15 error, and the windows boot partition is completely erased.

Regards,
Sven

Old 01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:37:04PM +0100, Sven Boden wrote:
> > As of the daily CD from Jan. 29 I couldn't install because of this error:
> > "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install
> > target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue."
> >
> > that comes up while installing (after formatting the / partition).
> > This is with manual partitioning and keeping an old /home. Same thing
> > with the alternate CD.
> >
> > ~ Yuriy
>
> Same problem here... I get first "Removing conflicting operating system files" but this hangs for at least a couple of minutes. I then press skip on the dialog and I get "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue.".
>
> This was on a dual boot system, and if I reboot I get a grub 15 error, and the windows boot partition is completely erased.

What CDs are you using? It should be fixed in today's CDs
(20080131.1)

Jonathan

Old 01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Ahmed Osman

While testing out the Daily disc from Jan 31, Running live, launching
qtparted from menu does not work. The menu item is configured to run
qtparted-root, this command does not exist. Should be kdesu qtparted

I didn't test all the applications from the menu, just some of the more
common ones, qtparted was the only one that didn't launch.

-Ahmed

Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Sven Boden

> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:48:42 +0000
> From: jriddell@ubuntu.com
> To: kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [kubuntu-devel] RE: Please test alpha 4 candidate CDs
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:37:04PM +0100, Sven Boden wrote:
>>> As of the daily CD from Jan. 29 I couldn't install because of this error:
>>> "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install
>>> target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue."
>>>
>>> that comes up while installing (after formatting the / partition).
>>> This is with manual partitioning and keeping an old /home. Same thing
>>> with the alternate CD.
>>>
>>> ~ Yuriy
>>
>> Same problem here... I get first "Removing conflicting operating system files" but this hangs for at least a couple of minutes. I then press skip on the dialog and I get "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue.".
>>
>> This was on a dual boot system, and if I reboot I get a grub 15 error, and the windows boot partition is completely erased.
>
> What CDs are you using? It should be fixed in today's CDs
> (20080131.1)
>
> Jonathan

The one I'm using is the .iso in
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/
downloaded a couple of hours ago

So I guess it's not fixed yet.

Regards,
Sven

Old 01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Stefan Skotte

I tested it too, and on the installer where you input your personal
information the cursor is not placed in the 'Firstname' field.

It does that on the ubuntu live cd's, so I guess someone just missed
that little behavior issue.

Kind regards,

Stefan