Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Valter Mura

Default Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu slideshow

Hi All,

I was checking the (Italian) language translation for the ubiquity slideshow
(strange thing, I can see them fine with Chromium and pretty good with Rekonq,
but the preview is definitely bad with FF and Konqueror. I don't know if it is
only a matter of mine...),

http://people.ubuntu.com/~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/preview/

and I find the Ubuntu slideshow definitely better than the Kubuntu one.

Is it possible to improve it in the same way? I mean, with good screenshots of
the software used? I suppose it is a secondary matter, but I think The Ubuntu
one is more effective.

FYIO: following the Italian Guidelines of the Italian KDE Team, the "Italian"
strings are translated in 2nd sing. person (tu), while in the Ubuntu slideshow
translations are in 2nd plural. p. (voi).

TIA and regards,
--
Valter
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

Old 09-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Alessandro Ghersi

On Wednesday, September 29, 2010 07:45:51 pm Valter Mura wrote:
> Is it possible to improve it in the same way? I mean, with good screenshots
> of the software used? I suppose it is a secondary matter, but I think The
> Ubuntu one is more effective.

True. Screenshots of Ubuntu are more effective.
But it's really late now to change screenshots I think.
We can add it on the TODO list for Natty.

> FYIO: following the Italian Guidelines of the Italian KDE Team, the
> "Italian" strings are translated in 2nd sing. person (tu), while in the
> Ubuntu slideshow translations are in 2nd plural. p. (voi).

Well the first (tu) is right, about the second one (wrong) you should talk
with Milo Casagrande maybe, this is not the correct place.

--
Alessandro Ghersi
Kubuntu Developer

Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Tres Finocchiaro

In regards to performance, I can confirm that this runs great on Chrome, and not-so-great on Firefox. *It will not render on IE6. *I'm running FF 3.5.5, Chrome 5.0.342.7 beta, Kubuntu 10.04.
I also tested it on Firefox 3.5.5, Chrome*6.0.472.63*on Windows XP VM, Results were similar, where Chrome rendered the page smoothly and Firefox was*choppier.

My computer is a Dual Core 3.6 GHz Pentium D.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Old 10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 07:45:51PM +0200, Valter Mura wrote:
> and I find the Ubuntu slideshow definitely better than the Kubuntu one.

Yes, the Canonical design team did a nice job on the Ubuntu
slideshow. We have some artists doing bits on Kubuntu so maybe we can
have a nice refresh for Natty.

Jonathan