-   -   LibreOffice (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/432910-libreoffice.html)

Valter Mura 09-28-2010 05:35 PM

LibreOffice

Hi All

Please give a look here, this is possibly a future candidate for office
purposes...

http://www.libreoffice.org

and

http://www.documentfoundation.org

Kind regards,
--
Valter
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

Tres Finocchiaro 09-29-2010 03:13 AM

LibreOffice

> http://www.libreoffice.org

Valter,

I'm providing a link to the group of the press release, since this is
such a recent change. It answered some of my "what the heck?"
questions. :)

http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/tdf_release.html

-Tres

--
- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Scott Kitterman 09-29-2010 04:23 AM

LibreOffice

"Tres Finocchiaro" <fatbuttlarry@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://www.libreoffice.org
>
>Valter,
>
>I'm providing a link to the group of the press release, since this is
>such a recent change. It answered some of my "what the heck?"
>questions. :)
>
>http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/tdf_release.html

Kubuntu uses the same office suite (plus KDE integration) as Ubuntu, so I'm reasonably confident we'll follow Ubuntu's lead on this.

Scott K

Ralph Janke 09-29-2010 01:24 PM

LibreOffice

I thought we use koffice ?!

- Ralph

Scott Kitterman 09-29-2010 01:33 PM

LibreOffice

On Wednesday, September 29, 2010 09:24:11 am Ralph Janke wrote:
Top posting fixed.

> >> Valter,
> >>
> >> I'm providing a link to the group of the press release, since this is
> >> such a recent change. It answered some of my "what the heck?"
> >> questions. :)
> >>
> >> http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/tdf_release.html
> >
> > Kubuntu uses the same office suite (plus KDE integration) as Ubuntu, so
> > I'm reasonably confident we'll follow Ubuntu's lead on this.
> >
> > Scott K
> I thought we use koffice ?!
>
> - Ralph

Not in the default install, but it's on the dvd. It's improving, but it's
really not there yet to be the default.

Scott K

"Paul F. Johnson" 10-02-2010 02:21 PM

LibreOffice

Hi,

Given the fun which looks to be happening over OOo due to Oracle, are
there any plans to drop OOo and move over to LibreOffice (which looks to
be at version 3.2.999 - pretty much the same as OOo currently is at).
The full release version is penned in for Christmas (or there abouts).

I have no problems helping package this behemoth!

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...

Ankur Sinha 10-02-2010 04:44 PM

LibreOffice

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:21 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> I have no problems helping package this behemoth!

+1 : I can help out too.

--
Thanks!
Regards,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

"FranciscoD"

Mathieu Bridon 10-02-2010 09:33 PM

LibreOffice

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 22:14 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:21 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> > I have no problems helping package this behemoth!
>
> +1 : I can help out too.

Given that the Fedora OOo maintainer [1] is in the steering committee of
the new Document Foundation [2], I wouldn't worry about the move. ;)

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/openoffice.org
[2] http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/

--
Mathieu

Chris Jones 10-02-2010 10:50 PM

LibreOffice

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:21 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given the fun which looks to be happening over OOo due to Oracle, are
> there any plans to drop OOo and move over to LibreOffice (which looks to
> be at version 3.2.999 - pretty much the same as OOo currently is at).
> The full release version is penned in for Christmas (or there abouts).
>
> I have no problems helping package this behemoth!
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

I'll say one thing for LibreOffice, there's certainly no shortage of
interest in it.

Cheers

--
Chris Jones

PHOTO RESOLUTIONS - Photo - Graphic - Web
ABN: 98 317 740 240
E: chrisjones@comcen.com.au
W: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com

Caolán McNamara 10-04-2010 09:43 AM

LibreOffice

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 23:33 +0200, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 22:14 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:21 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> > > I have no problems helping package this behemoth!
> >
> > +1 : I can help out too.
>
> Given that the Fedora OOo maintainer [1] is in the steering committee of
> the new Document Foundation [2], I wouldn't worry about the move. ;)

I'm working on it, I've got some scratch builds at
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/scratch/caolanm/
Hopefully I'll be submitting a package review during the week.

Plan is to remain as we are for F-14, and push forward for F-15/rawhide,
which gives us time to sync things up.

Currently also pushing our patches into LibreOffice to finally be zero
patch-pending, which'll be nice.

If people want to help, I recommend looking at
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/EasyHacks
and submit some fixes, no matter how trivial you think they are.
Anything from removing pointless revision-marking comments and
translating some German comments to major new features.

C.