Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 PM
"giovanni_re"

Default Kubuntu Team Report for September - RSS feed possible? Thanks :)

Great work, Kristof

Is there some way the finalized monthly reports can be made available in
an RSS subscriber format? That would be great.

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:08:42 +0200, "Kristóf Kiszel"
<ulysses@kubuntu.org> said:
> Hello again,
>
> we have one week to write our monthly report[1], edit the wiki page if
> you think something should be mentioned to the Ubuntu world.
>
> Kristóf Kiszel (ulysses)
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kubuntu/TeamReports

== Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture

Old 09-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Nathan Handler

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM, giovanni_re <john_re@fastmail.us> wrote:
> Is there some way the finalized monthly reports can be made available in
> an RSS subscriber format? *That would be great.

I can start posting them so they show up on the Planet each month.

Nathan

Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
"giovanni_re"

Great, Nathan

Looking in my Akregator RSS feed reader, I see, under:
1) KUbuntu - Planet Ubuntu, Ubuntu Fridge, & KUbuntu.org News, &
2) KDE - among others: Planet KDE

Which "Planet" were you referring to?
What is the URL for that?

Thanks

Old 09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Nathan Handler

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM, giovanni_re <john_re@fastmail.us> wrote:
> Which "Planet" were you referring to?
> What is the URL for that?

They will get posted on my blog, nhandler.wordpress.com, which is
aggregated on planet.ubuntu.com. When we finish the Ubuntu Fridge
migration, I might switch to having the reports published there.

Nathan

Old 09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
"giovanni_re"

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:46:51 -0500, "Nathan Handler"
<nhandler@ubuntu.com> said:
> They will get posted on my blog, nhandler.wordpress.com, which is
> aggregated on planet.ubuntu.com. When we finish the Ubuntu Fridge
> migration, I might switch to having the reports published there.

Although it is great to have it posted on the ubuntu planet,
it would be even better to get it posted on a KUbuntu specific RSS feed,
because:

1) it is _about_ Kubuntu, not ubuntu, &
2) the ubuntu feed has so much traffic, people interested in KUbuntu
specific info are likely to miss seeing it, if it is only posted on the
ubuntu, not kubuntu, rss feed.

Thanks

== Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture

Old 09-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Nathan Handler

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM, giovanni_re <john_re@fastmail.us> wrote:
> Although it is great to have it posted on the ubuntu planet,
> it would be even better to get it posted on a KUbuntu specific RSS feed,
> because:
>
> 1) it is _about_ Kubuntu, not ubuntu, &
> 2) the ubuntu feed has so much traffic, people interested in KUbuntu
> specific info are likely to miss seeing it, if it is only posted on the
> ubuntu, not kubuntu, rss feed.

Maybe I misunderstood the original request. Did you want only the
Kubuntu team reports included in an RSS feed? Or did you want a feed
for the collective monthly team report that includes the reports from
all teams in the community? If it is the later, it is definitely not
Kubuntu-specific, and I see no issue with having it go on Planet
Ubuntu. If you only wanted the Kubuntu report, you could use something
like [1] to monitor [2] for changes. It would then be up to the
Kubuntu website folks to decide whether to aggregate this on the
website to cause it to show up in the Kubuntu RSS feed or for some KDE
person to include the feed on Planet KDE.

Nathan

[1] http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2010/01/follow-changes-to-any-website.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kubuntu/TeamReports/Current

Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Harald Sitter

Please have a look at the technical guidelines for Ubuntu mailing lists [1].
In particular the sections about proper quoting and changing the subject.

Thank you.

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer