Old 09-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Alex Fiestas

Default BlueDevil on Kubuntu 10.10

Hi there.

After discussing with Ereslibre (my partner in this bluedevil thing) we
have decided to pay special attention to Kubuntu 10.10, since no matter
when we release 1.0, is in Kubuntu release when BlueDevil will make his
public debut, We hope that with a little bit of lucky and working all
together we can get it rock solid for the final release!

So, I've installed Kubuntu 10.10 in my laptop, and started to check
things and fix bugs, so far using BlueDevil master even the kio_obexftp
is stable.

I've noticed tough a few issues I would like to address:

1-pulseaudio-module-bluetooth is not installed by default, it is needed
to make audio bluetooth devices work.

2-There is a bug fixed in 4.5.2 that would be very nice to have (fixed):
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1170418 basically without
it, previewjob will try "desperately" to copy remote folders, and it
will keep busy the kio_obexftp. This is specially critical because
kio_obexftp only is allow to be launched once, so if our only instance
is kept busy, everything seems "slow and buggy".

Finally, we have decided to modify our release schedule, and release the
1.0 RC4 next Friday, so it can be packaged before freeze without
problems. After freeze, we will keep an eye to launchpad/kde bugtrack
BlueDevil bugs, and try to provide patches for the important bugs.

Thanks for everything!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Scott Kitterman

"Alex Fiestas" <alex@eyeos.org> wrote:

>Hi there.
>
>After discussing with Ereslibre (my partner in this bluedevil thing) we
>have decided to pay special attention to Kubuntu 10.10, since no matter
>when we release 1.0, is in Kubuntu release when BlueDevil will make his
>public debut, We hope that with a little bit of lucky and working all
>together we can get it rock solid for the final release!
>
> So, I've installed Kubuntu 10.10 in my laptop, and started to check
>things and fix bugs, so far using BlueDevil master even the kio_obexftp
>is stable.
>
>I've noticed tough a few issues I would like to address:
>
>1-pulseaudio-module-bluetooth is not installed by default, it is needed
>to make audio bluetooth devices work.
>
>2-There is a bug fixed in 4.5.2 that would be very nice to have (fixed):
>http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1170418 basically without
>it, previewjob will try "desperately" to copy remote folders, and it
>will keep busy the kio_obexftp. This is specially critical becausecoc
>kio_obexftp only is allow to be launched once, so if our only instance
>is kept busy, everything seems "slow and buggy".

Both of these should be easy to fix. Thanks for pointing them out.

Scott K

Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Sunday, September 12, 2010 03:24:41 pm Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Finally, we have decided to modify our release schedule, and release the
> 1.0 RC4 next Friday, so it can be packaged before freeze without
> problems. After freeze, we will keep an eye to launchpad/kde bugtrack
> BlueDevil bugs, and try to provide patches for the important bugs.

Friday is the day *after* freeze.

--
Mackenzie

Old 09-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Sunday, September 12, 2010 03:24:41 pm Alex Fiestas wrote:
> 1-pulseaudio-module-bluetooth is not installed by default, it is needed
> to make audio bluetooth devices work.

Fixed.

Scott K

Old 09-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Alex Fiestas

Al 12/09/10 22:44, En/na Mackenzie Morgan ha escrit:
> On Sunday, September 12, 2010 03:24:41 pm Alex Fiestas wrote:
>> Finally, we have decided to modify our release schedule, and release the
>> 1.0 RC4 next Friday, so it can be packaged before freeze without
>> problems. After freeze, we will keep an eye to launchpad/kde bugtrack
>> BlueDevil bugs, and try to provide patches for the important bugs.
>
> Friday is the day *after* freeze.

Ups, I mean Wednesday, day before the release

Old 09-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Alessandro Ghersi

2-There is a bug fixed in 4.5.2 that would be very nice to have (fixed):

http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1170418 basically without

it, previewjob will try "desperately" to copy remote folders, and it

will keep busy the kio_obexftp. This is specially critical because

kio_obexftp only is allow to be launched once, so if our only instance

is kept busy, everything seems "slow and buggy".

Done, I pushed that patch in our bzr for the next upload.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Alex Fiestas

Al 13/09/10 18:35, En/na Alessandro Ghersi ha escrit:

>> 2-There is a bug fixed in 4.5.2 that would be very nice to have (fixed):
>> http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1170418 basically without
>> it, previewjob will try "desperately" to copy remote folders, and it
>> will keep busy the kio_obexftp. This is specially critical because
>> kio_obexftp only is allow to be launched once, so if our only instance
>> is kept busy, everything seems "slow and buggy".
>>

> Done, I pushed that patch in our bzr for the next upload.

Perfect, I'm going to create the tag for the RC4 in one hour.

Thanks for everything.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Alex Fiestas

the RC4 tag is done
git clone git://gitorious.org/bluedevil/bluedevil.git; cd bluedevil;git
checkout v1.0-rc4

I will do the tarbal in a few hours (in case you prefer it).

Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Alessandro Ghersi

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:19:51 am Alex Fiestas wrote:
> the RC4 tag is done
> git clone git://gitorious.org/bluedevil/bluedevil.git; cd bluedevil;git
> checkout v1.0-rc4
>
> I will do the tarbal in a few hours (in case you prefer it).

Package uploaded, thanks.