Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Kubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/)
-   -   final freeze next week (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/425082-final-freeze-next-week.html)

Jonathan Riddell 09-09-2010 10:51 PM

final freeze next week
 
Final freeze is in 7 days time. I think we're doing not too bad for
bugs. Compositing is a pain and there's more testing to be done on
Ubiquity but otherwise it's all reasonable. (http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3)

I'm only online sporadically for the next 10 days so I won't have a lot
of time to fix things before final freeze. I'm expecting releases of
Amarok, rekonq and Qt next week which we want packaged, tested and if
suitable uploaded.

It's all going to come together, I can feel it!

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Scott Kitterman 09-10-2010 02:00 AM

final freeze next week
 
On Thursday, September 09, 2010 06:51:28 pm Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Final freeze is in 7 days time. I think we're doing not too bad for
> bugs. Compositing is a pain and there's more testing to be done on
> Ubiquity but otherwise it's all reasonable. (http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3)
>
> I'm only online sporadically for the next 10 days so I won't have a lot
> of time to fix things before final freeze. I'm expecting releases of
> Amarok, rekonq and Qt next week which we want packaged, tested and if
> suitable uploaded.
>
> It's all going to come together, I can feel it!

The only thing I'm really worried about at the moment is the situation between
mesa and kwin. If the mesa FFe gets approved, we should be in good shape. If
it doesn't then we'll have to engage upstream and see about some last minute
patching.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Riddell 09-10-2010 08:22 AM

final freeze next week
 
On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 11:51:28PM +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'm expecting releases of
> Amarok, rekonq and Qt next week which we want packaged, tested and if
> suitable uploaded.

Oh and the new kdepim is on ktown.

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Rohan Garg 09-10-2010 08:37 AM

final freeze next week
 
HiIll take care of kdepim 4.4.6 as soon as i get home, so that is covered, just need someone to sponsor it later ;)RegardsRohan Garg



On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:


On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 11:51:28PM +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> I'm expecting releases of

> Amarok, rekonq and Qt next week which we want packaged, tested and if

> suitable uploaded.



Oh and the new kdepim is on ktown.



Jonathan



--

kubuntu-devel mailing list

kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Alex Fiestas 09-10-2010 08:45 AM

final freeze next week
 
On 09/10/2010 10:37 AM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hi
> Ill take care of kdepim 4.4.6 as soon as i get home, so that is covered,
> just need someone to sponsor it later ;)
Hey, We are going to release a new RC of bluedevil today, which in
theory will be the last.

Will be any problem to update to the final release event if it is after
the freeze? We promise to commit only atomic patches which contain
atomic fixes.

Also, libbluedevil is going to have a new release, which fixes a crash
in the kded, it should happen within a week tought.

Another thing, what is the policy of kubuntu about bugs? You are going
to be the first (end user) distribution shipping with BlueDevil, so we
should coordinate efforts to fix all the possible bugs that may appear.

Thanks and sorry for all the hurry, but trust me when I say that
bluedevil worth it.

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Rohan Garg 09-10-2010 08:54 AM

final freeze next week
 
With respect to the bugs, most of the users will be*reporting*bugs on bugs.launchpad.net, we will try and forward all bugs from launchpad to bugs.kde.org but cannot*guarantee*that.


Bluedevil bugs :https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluedevil/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW


libbluedevil bugs :*https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libbluedevil/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW

RegardsRohan Garg



On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Alex Fiestas <alex@eyeos.org> wrote:


On 09/10/2010 10:37 AM, Rohan Garg wrote:

> Hi

> Ill take care of kdepim 4.4.6 as soon as i get home, so that is covered,

> just need someone to sponsor it later ;)

Hey, We are going to release a new RC of bluedevil today, which in

theory will be the last.



Will be any problem to update to the final release event if it is after

the freeze? We promise to commit only atomic patches which contain

atomic fixes.



Also, libbluedevil is going to have a new release, which fixes a crash

in the kded, it should happen within a week tought.



Another thing, what is the policy of kubuntu about bugs? You are going

to be the first (end user) distribution shipping with BlueDevil, so we

should coordinate efforts to fix all the possible bugs that may appear.



Thanks and sorry for all the hurry, but trust me when I say that

bluedevil worth it.



--

kubuntu-devel mailing list

kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Riddell 09-10-2010 09:45 AM

final freeze next week
 
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:45:33AM +0200, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 10:37 AM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> > Hi
> > Ill take care of kdepim 4.4.6 as soon as i get home, so that is covered,
> > just need someone to sponsor it later ;)
> Hey, We are going to release a new RC of bluedevil today, which in
> theory will be the last.

Great. Nice to have upstreams watching our mailing list too :)

> Will be any problem to update to the final release event if it is after
> the freeze? We promise to commit only atomic patches which contain
> atomic fixes.

After the freeze it gets less likely we can update to it. We don't
release until October 10th, but it depends if there's a suitable
guarantees that it won't cause problems and if there's a suitable gap
in the CD building/testing process.

> Also, libbluedevil is going to have a new release, which fixes a crash
> in the kded, it should happen within a week tought.

We'll keep an eye out but might be an idea to ping here or on IRC to
make sure it's noticed.

> Another thing, what is the policy of kubuntu about bugs? You are going
> to be the first (end user) distribution shipping with BlueDevil, so we
> should coordinate efforts to fix all the possible bugs that may appear.

We recommend people send them upstream (unless packaging bugs). We'll
try and forward any that come into our bug tracker.

> Thanks and sorry for all the hurry, but trust me when I say that
> bluedevil worth it.

Thanks for improving a much neglected part of KDE :)

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Scott Kitterman 09-10-2010 11:10 AM

final freeze next week
 
On Friday, September 10, 2010 05:45:47 am Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:45:33AM +0200, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> > On 09/10/2010 10:37 AM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > Ill take care of kdepim 4.4.6 as soon as i get home, so that is
> > > covered, just need someone to sponsor it later ;)
> >
> > Hey, We are going to release a new RC of bluedevil today, which in
> > theory will be the last.
>
> Great. Nice to have upstreams watching our mailing list too :)
>
> > Will be any problem to update to the final release event if it is after
> > the freeze? We promise to commit only atomic patches which contain
> > atomic fixes.
>
> After the freeze it gets less likely we can update to it. We don't
> release until October 10th, but it depends if there's a suitable
> guarantees that it won't cause problems and if there's a suitable gap
> in the CD building/testing process.

After release, our ability to update for fixes becomes much more limited, but
we can fix important bugs:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

Assistance from upstream is generally important to get the right patch down to
the minimally invasive change.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Markus Slopianka 09-10-2010 12:30 PM

final freeze next week
 
I'll try to release K3b 2.0.2 on time, but I'm also very busy the next few days.

In case I don't get it done, will you provide bugfix-only release as official updates?

Markus

Am Freitag 10 September 2010, 00:51:28 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> Final freeze is in 7 days time. I think we're doing not too bad for
> bugs. Compositing is a pain and there's more testing to be done on
> Ubiquity but otherwise it's all reasonable. (http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3)
>
> I'm only online sporadically for the next 10 days so I won't have a lot
> of time to fix things before final freeze. I'm expecting releases of
> Amarok, rekonq and Qt next week which we want packaged, tested and if
> suitable uploaded.
>
> It's all going to come together, I can feel it!
>
> Jonathan


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Scott Kitterman 09-10-2010 12:47 PM

final freeze next week
 
On Friday, September 10, 2010 08:30:47 am Markus Slopianka wrote:
> I'll try to release K3b 2.0.2 on time, but I'm also very busy the next few
> days.
>
> In case I don't get it done, will you provide bugfix-only release as
> official updates?
>
Changes from what we release with would have to meet the criteria listed in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates in order to be updated post-
release.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.