Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default Kubuntu 10.10 translations

I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
is due out at the start of October.

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations

Of course most of our translations come from upstream KDE so the main
way to keep Kubuntu translated is to keep translating KDE.

There's a small number of packages with extra strings patched in. In
future I'll put these strings into upstream KDE so they can be
translated there but for now they need done in Launchpad.

There are several apps which are specific to Kubuntu and need
translations, installer, docs etc. These need to be translated in
Launchpad. Also Quassel which uses our translations in Launchpad as
their upstream translations.

Finally there are a few applications in KDE SVN which are used by
Kubuntu but don't have many translations because they aren't used by
(many) other distros. These can be translated in KDE and I'll pick up
the latest translations on September 28th.

Deadline for translations in Launchpad for 10.10 is September 30th
(translations done later will be included in language pack updates).

Jonathan

Old 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Valter Mura

In data marted́ 7 settembre 2010 14:23:28, Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:

> I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
> is due out at the start of October.
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations

Thank you very, very much for this work!

This is a big help for us.

--
Valter
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Valter Mura

In data marted́ 7 settembre 2010 14:23:28, Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:

> I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
> is due out at the start of October.
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations

Hi!

I've created a wiki page for Italian use. Some links are to be update but is
generally ok:

http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTraduzione/Traduzioni/Kubuntu

Best regards,

Old 09-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Valter Mura

In data marted́ 7 settembre 2010 14:23:28, Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:

> I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
> is due out at the start of October.
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations

Hi, "Bluedevil" is present here:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/extragear-
base/bluedevil.pot

so the translation is managed by KDE translation teams, I don't know if we
need to change info in the wiki page...

Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Alex Fiestas

On 09/11/2010 07:26 PM, Valter Mura wrote:
> In data marted́ 7 settembre 2010 14:23:28, Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
>
>> I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
>> is due out at the start of October.
>>
>> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations
>
> Hi, "Bluedevil" is present here:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/extragear-
> base/bluedevil.pot
>
> so the translation is managed by KDE translation teams, I don't know if we
> need to change info in the wiki page...
>
> Regards,

We're working hard to get them fully working (the translations), we have
some mess with the catalogs right now.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 10:31:47PM +0200, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 07:26 PM, Valter Mura wrote:
> > In data marted? 7 settembre 2010 14:23:28, Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> >
> >> I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
> >> is due out at the start of October.
> >>
> >> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations
> >
> > Hi, "Bluedevil" is present here:
> >
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/extragear-
> > base/bluedevil.pot
> >
> > so the translation is managed by KDE translation teams, I don't know if we
> > need to change info in the wiki page...

Thanks, I've updated our Kubuntu/Translations page

Jonathan

Old 09-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 14:23, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I've compiled a list of what needs translated in Kubuntu 10.10 which
> is due out at the start of October.
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Translations

Thanks, I'm getting the Hebrew translation finished. Nice work!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com