Old 08-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Valter Mura

Default Request of info concerning packages to translate

Hi All.

my request is very simple and, maybe, obvious for some of you.

We are starting translating session for the Italian version of Kubuntu
Maverick and we need some infos concerning packages to translate:

1- Is there a list of all KDE packages included in the 10.10 distro?

2- Are there differences between the KDE po files and those included in Kubuntu?
In other words, packages contained in Launchpad are the same of the upstream
ones? Did you make some merge of some of them?

3- Are there Kubuntu-specific po files, excluding the "kubuntu-docs" section?

TIA for the collaboration,
--
Valter
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Michał Zając

We no longer translate KDE in Kubuntu due to Launchpad messing up things. If
you want to translate KDE it would be wise to contact your local translation
group or create on if it doesn't exist (I seriously doubt that). Kubuntu-docs
are still translated on Launchpad so you are more welcome to translate them

Best regards,
Michał

Old 08-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On 17 August 2010 21:50, Valter Mura <valtermura@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1- Is there a list of all KDE packages included in the 10.10 distro?
>
> 2- Are there differences between the KDE po files and those included in Kubuntu?
> In other words, packages contained in Launchpad are the same of the upstream
> ones? Did you make some merge of some of them?

We don't change a lot of strings, but it would be interesting to find
out where we do.

> 3- Are there Kubuntu-specific po files, excluding the "kubuntu-docs" section?

A few, although most are shared with Ubuntu Desktop such as the installer.

I'll compile more complete answers on Friday as part of our
translations QA day I just announced. Do join us if you want to help.

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4313

Jonathan

Old 08-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:50:05PM +0200, Valter Mura wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> my request is very simple and, maybe, obvious for some of you.
>
> We are starting translating session for the Italian version of Kubuntu
> Maverick and we need some infos concerning packages to translate:
>
> 1- Is there a list of all KDE packages included in the 10.10 distro?
>
> 2- Are there differences between the KDE po files and those included in Kubuntu?
> In other words, packages contained in Launchpad are the same of the upstream
> ones? Did you make some merge of some of them?
>
> 3- Are there Kubuntu-specific po files, excluding the "kubuntu-docs" section?
>
> TIA for the collaboration,

I compiled a list of packages and their translation domains which are
specific to Kubuntu, see "Kubuntu Specific Translation Domains" on
this page

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/TranslationsDay

also "Translation Domains Kubuntu is Especially Interested in" which I
think don't have many upstream translations because it's mostly only
Kubuntu which uses them.

In "KDE Packages with additional strings patched in" you can see the
limited number of extra strings we add to KDE packages.

To see what packages are in Kubuntu here is our list of "seed" packages
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/kubuntu.maverick/annotate/head:/kubuntu-common

Jonathan