-   -   No Ubuntu Gettext Domain for PPAs - Final Stage (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/405938-no-ubuntu-gettext-domain-ppas-final-stage.html)

Harald Sitter 07-29-2010 10:19 PM

No Ubuntu Gettext Domain for PPAs - Final Stage

Good news everyone!

I am done breaking pkg-kde-tools with regards to l10n ;)
For more information on the details please refer to my previous mails with
similar subject.

As of 0.9.2ubuntu7 the lot of l10n magic only gets applied to archive builds
targetting main or restricted on i386.

Only new addition to the restrictions is i386 so regression potential is not
very high this time around, but please keep watching for l10n issues that
might be related to the pkg-kde-tools changes never the less.

Thanks.
--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer

Harald Sitter 07-30-2010 08:42 PM

No Ubuntu Gettext Domain for PPAs - Final Stage

Due to a bit of a logical fail on my part I needed to revise the code
quite heavily.

In ubuntu7 the change would not have added and removed the ubuntu
gettext domain field from builds other than i386. Now since we
actually ship quite some packages where desktop files are not only
shipped in arch: all packages this would have made l10n fail. Hence I
just uploaded ubuntu9 which is supposed to implement the logical
properly (namely: do not create pot files and stuff on arches other
than i386 but keep on doing the gettext stuff [granted the other
conditions match]).

Should you have built KDE packages in main within the last day or so,
please upload a rebuild if no upload is expected to be necessary
within the next week or two.

regards,
Harald