FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Gergely Sánta
 
Default KDE dialog for file operations in Firefox howto?

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Firefox for KDE KIOSK session in CentOS (with
older KDE: 3.4). I'm trying to force Firefox to use KDE's file open/save
dialog (which applies some of KIOSK restrictions I need), but I did not
succeed yet.
I see in Kubuntu, that Firefox uses KDE dialog there.. How did You do
that? Could somebody help me to configure Firefox for the same results?

Thanks in advance,
Gergely


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 07-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Pedro Francisco
 
Default KDE dialog for file operations in Firefox howto?

A Quarta, 14 de Julho de 2010 16:22:12 Gergely Sánta escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to configure Firefox for KDE KIOSK session in CentOS (with
> older KDE: 3.4). I'm trying to force Firefox to use KDE's file open/save
> dialog (which applies some of KIOSK restrictions I need), but I did not
> succeed yet.
> I see in Kubuntu, that Firefox uses KDE dialog there.. How did You do
> that? Could somebody help me to configure Firefox for the same results?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gergely

Is it? I've got the default Firefox file picker.

Try about:config, 'ui.allow_platform_file_picker', set to 'false' .

Info taken from Oxygen KDE add-on for Firefox ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-
US/firefox/addon/59338/ )

--
Pedro

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Gergely Sánta
 
Default KDE dialog for file operations in Firefox howto?

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 00:52 +0100, Pedro Francisco wrote:
> A Quarta, 14 de Julho de 2010 16:22:12 Gergely Sánta escreveu:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to configure Firefox for KDE KIOSK session in CentOS (with
> > older KDE: 3.4). I'm trying to force Firefox to use KDE's file open/save
> > dialog (which applies some of KIOSK restrictions I need), but I did not
> > succeed yet.
> > I see in Kubuntu, that Firefox uses KDE dialog there.. How did You do
> > that? Could somebody help me to configure Firefox for the same results?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Gergely
>
> Is it? I've got the default Firefox file picker.

I tried the latest 10.04 release, there Firefox uses real KDE dialog (at
least it looks like real)

> Try about:config, 'ui.allow_platform_file_picker', set to 'false' .

It's not the same, this opetion only enables KDE look-like dialog, it
ignores KDE KIOSK settings...

> Info taken from Oxygen KDE add-on for Firefox ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-
> US/firefox/addon/59338/ )



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Felix Geyer
 
Default KDE dialog for file operations in Firefox howto?

On 14.07.2010 17:22, Gergely Sánta wrote:
> I'm trying to configure Firefox for KDE KIOSK session in CentOS (with
> older KDE: 3.4). I'm trying to force Firefox to use KDE's file open/save
> dialog (which applies some of KIOSK restrictions I need), but I did not
> succeed yet.
> I see in Kubuntu, that Firefox uses KDE dialog there.. How did You do
> that? Could somebody help me to configure Firefox for the same results?
>
Kubuntu uses the Firefox KDE integration from openSUSE.
It consists of a Firefox/xulrunner patch and a helper application.

You can grab the source code on Gitorious:
http://gitorious.org/firefox-kde-opensuse

Felix


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Gergely Sánta
 
Default KDE dialog for file operations in Firefox howto?

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 23:42 +0200, Felix Geyer wrote:
> On 14.07.2010 17:22, Gergely Sánta wrote:
> > I'm trying to configure Firefox for KDE KIOSK session in CentOS (with
> > older KDE: 3.4). I'm trying to force Firefox to use KDE's file open/save
> > dialog (which applies some of KIOSK restrictions I need), but I did not
> > succeed yet.
> > I see in Kubuntu, that Firefox uses KDE dialog there.. How did You do
> > that? Could somebody help me to configure Firefox for the same results?
> >
> Kubuntu uses the Firefox KDE integration from openSUSE.
> It consists of a Firefox/xulrunner patch and a helper application.
>
> You can grab the source code on Gitorious:
> http://gitorious.org/firefox-kde-opensuse
>
> Felix

Thank You very much, that's what I needed.

Gergely


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org