-   -   Dolphin config in Kubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/399101-dolphin-config-kubuntu.html)

Jonathan Riddell 07-14-2010 12:16 PM

Dolphin config in Kubuntu

Hi Peter

I'd like to make a few config changes to Dolphin in Kubuntu for our
next release.

Firstly, turn on file previews by default. Since Dolphin seems to
detect between local and remote files now that stops it being a
problem downloading large remote files. Is there a reason this isn't
on by default? There doesn't seem to be a way to change this globally
without patching the code unfortunately.

Secondly turn off the search toolbar by default. We are turning off
Nepomuk Strigi indexing by default so this follows. Have you
considered having it show the search toolbar based on whether Nepomuk
Strigi indexing is turned on?

Finally turn on the information panel by default, it's just too useful
not to.

Jonathan