Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Valter Mura

Default About Rekonq

Hi All

I read one goal for the next release is a new default browser, Rekonq.

I'm trying it, for testing and curiosity purposes, in its 0.4 version, and I'm
experiencing some problems.

First, in some sites, Rekonq crashes immediately. I sent a bug for this, and I
read it has some difficulty, at the moment, to handle flash scripts.
An example is while opening a common site as "sourceforge.net", from which I
usually download some apps.

Second, I experienced a slower speed scrolling in some pages than "konqueror",
which is not good, from my humble point of view. Try, for example, to scroll
this page with the two browsers:

http://kde.gulp.linux.it/pacchetti.php

With Konqueror the scrolling is fluid, with Rekonq not.

I'm using KDE 4.4.5 with Kubuntu 10.04.1.

My question is: will Rekonq be ready in version 0.5 for this little but
important issues?

Thanks,
--
Valter
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Tres Finocchiaro

Sorry this does not add to your discussion, but I absolutely love the new icon for it:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/Rekonq-0.3.svg/432px-Rekonq-0.3.svg.png

I'm excited to see khtml's offspring come back home.

-Tres

Registered Linux User #466410 *http://counter.li.org

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com