Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default Kubuntu Ports Status

We released Lucid with all ports except sparc in good shape. Since the sparc kernel is known not to work, even if we'd gotten KDE to build, it still wouldn't have helped. Of note, we released with a correctly sized and reasonably well tested powerpc live image.

As is usual, the early part of the maverick cycle has raised some new challenges. Status:

armel: Broken - needs someone with hardware to sort out Qt webkit symbols

powerpc: Good - as of last night 4.4.85 and other Kubuntu packages are fully built

ia64: Getting there - Only leaf packages left to build for 4.4.85 and no known issues that will prevent it getting there when the builders catch up.

sparc: Still dead - Will be dropped from the archive this cycle, don't waste time on it.

Scott K

Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 01:20:29PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> We released Lucid with all ports except sparc in good shape. Since the sparc kernel is known not to work, even if we'd gotten KDE to build, it still wouldn't have helped. Of note, we released with a correctly sized and reasonably well tested powerpc live image.
>
> As is usual, the early part of the maverick cycle has raised some new challenges. Status:
>
> armel: Broken - needs someone with hardware to sort out Qt webkit symbols

lex did this a moment ago, should be compiled in 12 hours.

> powerpc: Good - as of last night 4.4.85 and other Kubuntu packages are fully built
>
> ia64: Getting there - Only leaf packages left to build for 4.4.85 and no known issues that will prevent it getting there when the builders catch up.

Lovely.

Jonathan